• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Silencing an alarm permanently

I located the buzzer and see the rotating bezel but I haven't been able to lower the volume... not sure if I am doing it right... any trick to it?
If it's the same as mine, it simply spins around the top of the buzzer. It has angled slots in it that line up with the openings from the buzzer to let more/less sound out. Turn it slowly and you should hear it change volume. I found about half worked well for me so I could still hear it for other alarms. If that's not enough, some tape over the top will help reduce the output. I put tape around the side to keep the volume ring from turning again. The first time it got louder after bouncing over some waves.
What about disconnecting it?
I wouldn't disconnect it...as mentioned you might not notice an overheat or other issue and damage your engine. There alarm is there for a reason and most of the time it's a good reason. I make sure I fill up before going out so I don't hit the 15% low fuel alarm. I still get the depth alarm when leaving the docks from weeds, but it's only for a minute or two and I can tolerate it at the lower volume.

Does anyone have a picture of where the buzzer is behind the dash? Thanks for all the info!

Does anyone have a picture of where the buzzer is behind the dash? Thanks for all the info!
No but it looks like the pic below and is probably zip tied to the wiring harness up high and to the starboard side behind the helm.

1688166370557.jpeg

Back