• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Silliest question I have been asked..

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg
I really can't even believe she asked me that.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't believe the response wasn't 'sure, if you're interested in us getting a newer, bigger one"

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm kind of disappointed in your mild mannered response! :D

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My response would have been "F..K NO!" What are you thinking? What are you smoking? Why aren't you sharing?

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes Dear, When are we going to look at new boats? tonight or tomorrow?
A co worker once asked my wife that question. Her reply, "He will never sell his boat". (smart woman)

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm kind of disappointed in your mild mannered response! :D
I am a very very mild mannered person, my wife is complete opposite.
This was the end of the conversation:)

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You could have added you're not moving now either.

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My response would have been "Why, are you leaving me?" :)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I'm confused... but I have been there, done that. Remember the Nauti Dawg? Well, suggestions and lack of use resulted in selling my boat! And within months, she succumbed to erase the long faces and lack of enthusiasm, and allowed me to buy another one! I don't think she will suggest that again, it is too costly the second time around! For instance, I installed all my stereo gear the first time, saving $1000. I have just too many projects now and I gave up and threw in the towel...and dropped the boat at Earmark Marine in Plano. That bill could have been saved entirely had I not sold my boat. We know you won't be without one long, so just don't go there! lol

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm confused... but I have been there, done that. Remember the Nauti Dawg? Well, suggestions and lack of use resulted in selling my boat! And within months, she succumbed to erase the long faces and lack of enthusiasm, and allowed me to buy another one! I don't think she will suggest that again, it is too costly the second time around! For instance, I installed all my stereo gear the first time, saving $1000. I have just too many projects now and I gave up and threw in the towel...and dropped the boat at Earmark Marine in Plano. That bill could have been saved entirely had I not sold my boat. We know you won't be without one long, so just don't go there! lol
We are moving from FL to TX in June, a friend of ours asked my wife if we wanted to sell the boat since we are moving.

I have nothing against TX, any other time I'd be excited to move there, I would just like another year or 10 in FL:) we've only been here a year and a half.
I'll have to make a trip back here to get the boat, on the way to TX I'll pull the camper and wife will pull the enclosed trailer, I'm looking forward to that road trip back here because an old friend of mine will make the trip with me and we'll spend a day or two boating around here one last time!

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I always tell everyone that comes to my house, everything I have is for sell........ For the right price!:winkingthumbsup"

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
"Oh absolutely! The price for a new ss is just over 50k so i can give them a deal of 40k"

Or,

"Sure! Now would be a great time to grab that 28' Skater on ebay i showed ya! It would make the trip to the bahamas much quicker anyways."

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
We are moving from FL to TX in June, a friend of ours asked my wife if we wanted to sell the boat since we are moving.

I have nothing against TX, any other time I'd be excited to move there, I would just like another year or 10 in FL:) we've only been here a year and a half.
I'll have to make a trip back here to get the boat, on the way to TX I'll pull the camper and wife will pull the enclosed trailer, I'm looking forward to that road trip back here because an old friend of mine will make the trip with me and we'll spend a day or two boating around here one last time!
Dang Waylon, I hate to hear that. We need to do the Crab Island convoy before you go.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Looking forward to meeting y'all this summer on the lake or even a camping trip. We're campers too!

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I told my wife she will never ask that question unless we are upgrading.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would have replied Great!! That will make a good downpayment on the new boat! I did that. The old boat is gone and the new boat on its way!!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking forward to meeting y'all this summer on the lake or even a camping trip. We're campers too!
Where do you usually boat?

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where do you usually boat?
We are SE of the Dallas area out in the country. Our "local" lake that we like to go to is Joe Pool in Cedar Hill that's an hour from home via interstate. For weekend vacations we like Texoma which is about 2.5 hours away. To get away from it all to boat on a gorgeous and deep, clear lake we love Broken Bow in SE Oklahoma. It's more then 3 hours away and we either stay in one of the many cabins in the area or the lodge that's on the lake. Once we have a second tow vehicle we might try and take the camper with us on some of these trips if it's cost effective.

Aren't you moving to the San Antonio area?