• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Simrad MFD

Shatty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Does anyone have this interface on their Simrad MFD with a JL Radio? The pics I saw on Simrads site is just a tiny sidebar control for the radio. Im buggin out searching the net for pics or answers. Im thinking about ripping out my Connext unit and throwing in one of these. It looks like the NSX model. If......the Simrad will work with getting engine data and such. I saw a cable they provide, but reading the forums, it doesnt look like the Sim will get that data over NMEA
Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 11.53.00 PM.png

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Can't integrate with factory data.

Most people with your boat by the 7" screen and rebuild the dash and use both screens.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The only folks that have gotten engine data, have bought an analog to NMEA converter that is an interface between the sensors installed and your NMEA network. It avoids the Yamaha proprietary data. This converter was between $600-$800 if I remember right from another thread.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The only folks that have gotten engine data, have bought an analog to NMEA converter that is an interface between the sensors installed and your NMEA network. It avoids the Yamaha proprietary data. This converter was between $600-$800 if I remember right from another thread.
Was anyone actually able to do this for boats with connext screens?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Was anyone actually able to do this for boats with connext screens?
I've never seen a full replacement, only adding things that we don't have (like temperature).