• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Single battery stereo upgrade

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I had a shop do it, they built a custom board that the amps mount to.

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
How did you go about mounting the amps? The wall under the glove box seems a little thin on my boat.
I've used high strength epoxy to attached a few furring strips to thinner fiberglass and then screwed into those to mount boards. Has always held and worked well.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looking for input: I'm looking to upgrade my battery however I don't really want to spend more than $300 and get the most bag for buck. I'm currently running an Exile amp for my tower speakers and don't really plan on adding anything more at this time. I currently have the stock Interstate battery which is starting to loose it's charge.

I was thinking about getting the Optima Blue Top D34M for $276.99 and wanted find out:
- 1 if this particular battery was a good fit for the boats charging system
- 2 during the off season can you charge a deep cycle battery with a battery tender style charger
963561559921448704.png