• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sinking....Almost Sinking? Help Is Available

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
There has been a lot of talk about sinking, almost sunk and sunk boats on this forum lately. Well, fellow jetters, as a former I/O and cruiser boater we always had one of two of these on hand. If you are far from shore or at your slip away from your trailer this item will probably buy you enough time to save your boat. It has saved countless boats over the years and is carried by the USCG and CCG. I have referred to it as a bung, others refer to them as plugs. Some are wooden but I prefer this type which is a rubberized foam. They come in a variety of sizes but the one I will attach a picture of fits most hole sizes up to a pretty big one and is "barbed" like a bee stinger to stay in place. The tip is about 1/4" across the base is about 5" across. This type will also fit and stay in irregular shaped holes. If I was crossing to Catalina or Bimini I would not leave the dock without one! Forespar.com Sta-Plug (It Grips) Picture attached. :cool: P8080490.JPG

Last edited: