• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ski locker ballast

MGoMike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I took my boat out today - first time this year. Water is still cold here. Today was mainly about testing things out to make sure things were good. I installed Ridesteady this spring and it seems to be working great!

We did have a weird issue with the ski locker ballast on our 2019 212x. When I initially went to fill the ballast, the center ballast was reading on the connext system as 100% full. It clearly wasn’t full based on visual inspection of the bag. I “drained” the bag and it pretty much immediately read as 0% full. I tried to fill the bag at that point but it would weirdly cycle on connext and the pump would push a little water in and then reverse, every second or so. It did this for a few seconds and then shut off. The ballast tanks in the back filled just fine.

First thing I checked was that the valves were open. That was the case in the ski locker and for the one I saw in the engine compartment. There might be other valves I missed. I didn’t do much checking beyond that as I had my family with me. I wasn’t going to make them sit around for an hour while I tried to figure it out.

My two theories are:
1) the dealer did something when they worked on the starboard tank this winter. It was leaking pretty bad last year and that was on the list for warranty repairs while they had it for the winter.
2) the dealer did something to winterize the boat (shut off a valve or something) and didn’t reverse it during spring prep. I’ll give them a pass on this one as they’ve been dealing with a weird partial shutdown with COVID-19.

Anybody had something similar happen to them or suggestions on what I should check? I’m hoping it‘s something really simple so that I don’t have to take it in to the dealer to fix.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If a valve was off, you wouldn't be getting any water at all. Could be a kinked hose, I guess. You should have an option to calibrate the ballast pumps in your Connext Settings menus. Next time you're out, go through the calibration procedure and see what that yields. I had to do that last year on our boat.