• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ski locker drain

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
D583CE92-E488-4A85-9B61-7CD60EE2A5CA.jpegGetting ready to take my new 2020 AR190 for the second time this season. In checking the ski locker I found the drain and what looks like a plug under the black mat. Stupid question but shouldn’t the plug be installed in the drain not just thrown in the ski locker which it looks like what happened here?

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haha yep! That should definitely be installed.

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, I thought it should have been. I guess that was overlooked during dealer prep or final factory checks. Found lots of manufacturing debris too.

Are there any more of these drains/plugs I should look for but may have missed??

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There's one toward front of engine compartment on mine

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, I thought it should have been. I guess that was overlooked during dealer prep or final factory checks. Found lots of manufacturing debris too.

Are there any more of these drains/plugs I should look for but may have missed??
No prob. Yes, you will find lots of debris...especially at the hull drain plug. I’ve tried to spray the hose into the drain in the ski locker to try to coax more of it out but it seems never ending.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I believe there are actually 2 in the engine compartment . I know there are on mine. One in the floor that goes directly to the transom and another on the vertical bulkhead wall above it going into the fuel tank compartment. There are multiple other threads on here and as many members prefer leaving them open (less water accumulation in ski locker) as there are those that keep them secured. I personally leave all three open( lake fresh water only) and it has prevented water from standing in the lowest point of the in floor locker. Either way , the tab ends should probably be inserted in the threaded holes ??

bigwaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for your responses. I’m going to at least push the end with the tabs into the drain. Hard to believe this wasn’t done at the factory.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
View attachment 132467Getting ready to take my new 2020 AR190 for the second time this season. In checking the ski locker I found the drain and what looks like a plug under the black mat. Stupid question but shouldn’t the plug be installed in the drain not just thrown in the ski locker which it looks like what happened here?
Does anyone have a part number the ski locker drain plug. Our 21 195s didn't come with one.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Does anyone have a part number the ski locker drain plug. Our 21 195s didn't come with one.
Your dealer should get you that under warranty - I think they're all the same but according to Partzilla mine is:

DRAIN PLUG ASSY.
F2J-U2280-00-00

Punch in your exact model number to get your list.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Your dealer should get you that under warranty - I think they're all the same but according to Partzilla mine is:

DRAIN PLUG ASSY.
F2J-U2280-00-00

Punch in your exact model number to get your list.
I agree. it's 6.98 at Partzilla plus shipping. at that price it isn't worth the headache and time to go through the dealer/Yamaha for it.