• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ski Mode

ILfamilyboater

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Did some playing around with ski mode this week. Still trying to figure out the best ramp setting for different water sports. It seems to me that ramp 1 is good for tubing and knee board. Slow and even speed up. Have not tried to get up on ski but from trying out the different ramps it looks like ramp 4 or 5 for skiing. Does anyone else use their ski mode? What ramp do you use for different water sports.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I've still got to play with mine more. Our lake(s) can go from quiet to crazy quickly, so so far when pulling I have just preferred to do the speed control manually. I occasionally go out just me with my 2 dogs. Next time I do that, I need to play around with ski mode

Tlewellyn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I've used it a couple of times for wakeboarding. All are new boarders and seemed to have settled on Ramp 3 and speeds of 19-21. My youngest son (20yrs) was able to get up on his 2nd attempt and has every time since.

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
On our side for wake surfing we prefer Ramp#3 as it seems to have less overshoot with the lower target speed.

Steve B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
We used ramp 5 for skiing and ramp 4 for wakeboarding. Ski mode did great and I love how I can set the speed then adjust as requested. I used ramp 2 for kneeboarding and tubing and it seemed to work well.

Tyler Brown

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Done a lot of boating this past 4 days and have been testing the ramps and this is what think I have settled on
5-adult water ski
4-adult wakeboard (3 seemed to be okay as well)
3 or 4-adult wake surf
2-small child wakeboard or water ski (7 year old doing both)

JRP_44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
I tried using SKI mode last summer for adult on single ski (195ID). Set Ramp 5 and speed 25MPH.. Ramp seemed way to low and it just dragged him through without enough acceleration to pull him up. Not boat as pulled him up straight away manually .. Any ideas/suggestions for this year?