• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Slide Anchor Shore Spike vs West Marine Shore Anchor

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That was me with my back to the crowd. Of course my wife didn’t say anything until after I was done. She claims she could have, would have and should have helped me. I reminded her that she didn’t and proceeded to get in trouble for the reminder.

I have two shore spikes and two box anchors, love them all and use one of the spikes to hold waverunners in place. They only box product I don’t have is the Danik hook, just can’t justify the price.

Does anyone know if west marine offers their own versions of the box anchor or danik hook?
Glad you had your back turned @Ronnie I'd hate to see you on the MeToo list.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@tmahar146 , thanks for the link. If I didn’t already have two box anchors I would have ordered this by now. I’m a little concerned that it only has half the teeth of a box anchor but it weighs the same and the price can’t be beat. Maybe I will pick one up for the waverunners or lake toys/inflatables.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I use the box anchor out front and the shore spike on the stern up on shore and together they work great. I like the shore spike as it keeps the boat from swinging and thus possibly bumping into other boats anchored near the shore of the lake. We don't have current on Lake Tahoe, but commonly do have wave action. Once I set the anchors, the boat doesn't move.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Shore spike here. Works great. Want to get an anchor pal next for it.

ATXScarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
forgive my possible ignorance on this, but what is the advantage of using a dedicated shore spike versus a large stake from home depot or lowe's?

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
forgive my possible ignorance on this, but what is the advantage of using a dedicated shore spike versus a large stake from home depot or lowe's?
Convenience. The shore spike has a couple of built in eyelets and is self driving, meaning you don't need a hammer to drive the stake.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The slide anchor comes with a slide-ram on the top that you can use to both insert and remove it from the sand in a 1-piece unit. With a big ole stake from Home Depot, you'd also need to carry a large hammer to pound it into the sand, and then wrestle/wiggle it to get it back out.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So pretty !!!

9C7EE458-A5A7-4F8F-83D1-734087B02E47.jpeg