• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Slim Pick'ins

How mechanically inclined are you a @cb0ggs?

Not to take away from the older 4 stroke jets but they are getting up there in age. Some models are known to have specific problems that could result in needing a new engine. And if you need to pay a dealer to do it the cost for the repair could approach the value of the boat.

I'm not mechanically inclined with regards to boats. Have not read up on their inner workings and have not had the opportunity to work on one in the past. I'm all for a low maintenance opportunity vs. a risk for added maintenance.

I would also be appreciative of a older boat with really low hrs. You don't want a boat sitting around for years and seals dry rotting. I would rather buy a 10 years old boat with 500hrs than a 10 year old boat with 50hrs. A boat sitting unused could be problematic.

Ment to say apprehensive not appreciative ?

I am getting a lot of Ads for boating clubs where you can borrow their boats for a membership fee. This may be the year to consider it.

I bet if you are willing to even wait a few months this winter will be interesting with hopefully better prices than now (COVID might change that again, unsure)

I second the endorsement of an 2003-2009 SX230 as a great boat. Yamaha made over 200,000 MR-1 engines.

I am getting a lot of Ads for boating clubs where you can borrow their boats for a membership fee. This may be the year to consider it.

I bet if you are willing to even wait a few months this winter will be interesting with hopefully better prices than now (COVID might change that again, unsure)

I second the endorsement of an 2003-2009 SX230 as a great boat. Yamaha made over 200,000 MR-1 engines.
I looked into joining a boat club back in 2017. For the platinum package (basically you could use the wake boats) was $2500 to join then $300 a month (I bet its more now). What we didn't like about it was you had a morning or evening time slot and could only have 4 reservations on the calendar at a time. Also you needed to be back by 8pm or sundown depending on the time of year. We really gave some thought to it at the time but went with 2017 Ar190 instead. That being said a guy I work with is a member at that club and it fits his family really well, he did the silver package, tritoons only. He has complained a few times about not getting a boat for the weekend.

Back