• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Slingshot mothership vs boss hoss

Capt Nemo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
this is the only mothership review I could find.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
this is the only mothership review I could find.
I like it! Really I think it's a contender for one of the top longboard style wakesurfers on the market. Unless you get into a custom hand made board.

Capt Nemo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any idea when you will get some in? The 5'6 one.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Capt Nemo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unfortunately no, I wish I did.
Well, I finally got to try the coaster last week. I was impressed with how easy it was to get up on. With the boat in neutral (very slow forward speed) the board popped right up on my feet. This is probably because the coaster has less volume than my other board with less weight and floatation. As soon as my driver added power I was standing up in what seemed about two or three feet of forward travel. My other board would drag me for a much longer distance while I drank the lake. The coaster was more stable and at the same time more maneuverable than the short ocean board I had been using. The coaster is also faster. I didn't go ropeless but I had no ballast other than my 90 pound dog. I only did one 15 minute cruise as the water temperature was a little chilly for me at 68 degrees. Thanks @J-RAD for suggesting the coaster. Now I'm looking at foil boards. The slingshot wf2 board with either the 84cm or 99cm ride engine wing has caught my eye. Thoughts anyone? Btw I found a mothership for $429. Someone should get one and do a review behind a 19' Yamaha. I would but I'm thinking foil next.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm glad it preformed so well! I would recommend the WF-1 board over the WF-2. I have the WF-1 and it's been great. I've heard report from a few sources that there have been a number of the WF-2 boards breaking, including 1 I had sold. Slingshot then warranted a replacement with a WF-1. The one negative is the WF-1 doesn't have, any provisions for straps or the half straps. Personally, I've never bothered with straps.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I finally got to try the coaster last week. I was impressed with how easy it was to get up on. With the boat in neutral (very slow forward speed) the board popped right up on my feet. This is probably because the coaster has less volume than my other board with less weight and floatation. As soon as my driver added power I was standing up in what seemed about two or three feet of forward travel. My other board would drag me for a much longer distance while I drank the lake. The coaster was more stable and at the same time more maneuverable than the short ocean board I had been using. The coaster is also faster. I didn't go ropeless but I had no ballast other than my 90 pound dog. I only did one 15 minute cruise as the water temperature was a little chilly for me at 68 degrees. Thanks @J-RAD for suggesting the coaster. Now I'm looking at foil boards. The slingshot wf2 board with either the 84cm or 99cm ride engine wing has caught my eye. Thoughts anyone? Btw I found a mothership for $429. Someone should get one and do a review behind a 19' Yamaha. I would but I'm thinking foil next.
I'm glad it preformed so well! I would recommend the WF-1 board over the WF-2. I have the WF-1 and it's been great. I've heard report from a few sources that there have been a number of the WF-2 boards breaking, including 1 I had sold. Slingshot then warranted a replacement with a WF-1. The one negative is the WF-1 doesn't have, any provisions for straps or the half straps. Personally, I've never bothered with straps.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I was able to ride the BossHoss and the Mothership yesterday. My review is just a quick trial we had no ballast and no WakeBooster on a AR250. Keep in mind I normally ride a 5’3” Coaster and I’m not an expert surfer. I was more comfortable on the BossHoss as it rode similar to the Coaster. However they both seemed to have about the same push and the Mothership is more nimble (really meaning that it is narrower so it seems to turn easier). They are really 2 different feels. I hope this helps, once we get a chance to set the boat up properly I will give another review however it may be 3 to 4 weeks out.

Last edited:

Capt Nemo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was able to ride the BossHoss and the Mothership yesterday. My review is just a quick trial we had no ballast and no WakeBooster on a AR250. Keep in mind I normally ride a 5’3” Coaster and I’m not an expert surfer. I was more comfortable on the BossHoss as it rode similar to the Coaster. However they both seemed to have about the same push and the Mothership is more nimble (really meaning that it is narrower so it seems to turn easier). They are really 2 different feels. I hope this helps, once we get a chance to set the boat up properly I will give another review however it may be 3 to 4 weeks out.
Thanks for the review. I have the 5'3" coaster and trying to decide to either get perfect pass and the 650# ballast and another board with more push for my sx190
or just go right to a foil. Mackiteboard has a wakefoil package on sale im looking at.