• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Snakes on a boat!

Smiley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Was hanging out in a cove on Lanier eating lunch and saw something move up on the bow. I got up and it turns out a 6-ish foot king snake was climbing the anchor line and was about to join the party. A couple shoo’s and it dropped into the water and swam around the boat and up onto shore, right between everyone sitting out back floating.

I’ve never seen one just try to get in the boat!

My wife would have shit. To bad you didn't get a picture and good this it wasn't a water moccasin.

Been there and done that :D

98D72619-975A-4FF5-B95C-27ECA6504763.jpeg

I recognize this picture... Whats up Kenny! You're still around I see :)

Haha yup good times and yup still on here hanging out with the jet community. I see you got a boat again:cool:

Haha yup good times and yup still on here hanging out with the jet community. I see you got a boat again:cool:
FINALLY... and I swore I said i would get one with a tower but nope... one day i guess lol

Yikes! Never heard of that happening. It reminds me of this video from fisherman Bill Dance’s collection.

Whats wrong with those guys, rofl

I just watched the entire video. I didn’t realize it was full of bloopers. So, just watch the first one with the snake. Sorry about that.

No it was amusing. Liked where he was smaking at the gator from a float tube in murky water with a fishing rod...... C'mon that can't be safe.

Also the one where they take the canoe over and the guy pushing it is next to the motor and prop on the log. One slip and he is missing something.

Pretty entertaining of things to never do.

I had read that in the days of early seafarers, the first “bombs” were poisonous snakes put in clay pots and sling shot over into the enemy boats. Don’t know if it’s true, but makes sense and would make me want to jump ship!

“I’ve had it with these MF snakes on this MF boat!!!”

somebody had to say it.

MF= mighty fine of course.

There are rattlesnakes where I boat. I have not seen one yet in person on the lake. I would prefer not to. I am told they do not bite while they are swimming. Again, I do not care to prove them wrong.

Timber rattlesnakes are now protected by law in NY, and the procedure to deal with a nuisance snake is to call a ranger to show up and wrangle it into a trash can. After that, the snake gets released in a more secluded area. They of course eventually slither and swim right back to where they were removed from as they are territorial.

Last edited:
I do NOT like snakes in the water. Freaks me out and seems so unnatural when they swim...freaks me out I say! ? @Smiley, at least it was a kings snake...Those are good snakes.

Back