• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

So I finally bought a Glastron GTS..

Tempest

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
After a lot of back and forth (years) I finally pulled the trigger last September and ordered a 2021 Glastron GTS205 in denim blue. Although, I really love the jets, ultimately, boating in the Peconic area of Long Island this made better sense to me... That explains why I have not been on this forum for some time. I took delivery 3 weeks ago and I love the styling and performance of this thing. With that said, most of the boat is identical with the 187/207 other than the propulsion and rear seating. I want to get a chartplotter and am having a hard time deciding on which one and where to have it mounted as the dash/helm is so streamlined. Can anyone post pics what they are using and how its mounted? much appreciated!!!GTS205.JPG

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Congrats, Nice looking boat! it is pretty quiet in here now that Glastron stopped selling jets. i don't recall seeing anyone with a glastron like ours mounting a chartplotter yet. if you do get around to it, post a picture of how you did it :)

Tempest

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thank you for the compliment, its a stellar machine. As far ad the GPS/chartplotter I have purchased a flexible mount from RAM Mounts and a GPS from Lowrance. I've been a bit busy but will be installing it over the next few weeks. Its a very sturdy mount from what I can tell and the appeal is that I can move it out of the way and hide beneath the dash when not in use. I refuse to muck up the dash with a mounted unit.