• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

So I sold my Aquatrax.......

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And I purchased a slightly used RXPX 260. Took it out for a spin, and it started to take in water, and about rattled my teeth off.

Got towed back to shore, and saw what I was dreading from the very beginning. The bellows was leaking water due to a worn carbon seal. All this at 16 hours.

So, I politely took it back. It will teach me not to ever go against my intuition. The repair was going to be free because it was within the 12 months, but I decided to not even keep it. Now it will go to its third owner.. wow.

So, I finally got my first Yamaha!! Its sick. 2015 FZR!
8DC2E395-7D40-4843-981A-425AB3310EA6.JPG

Attachments

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Big Congrats, Mike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great 'ski in
GEORGIA BULLDOG colors ! Gotta Love it !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL !

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Sweet ride!!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Badass! Grats man!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sweet ride!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At the 30 hour mark my Sea Doo did this as well. I fixed it $1000 later and kept it but felt the same way when I bought it that it was my biggest fear the stupid seal would go.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I just installed a stereo on the waverunner, with an amp, and a cutoff switch. Sounds great, and finally able to ride with some tunes!!
1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg
20151030_144240_HDR.jpg

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome! I NEED that.

Is your trim controlled with a twist grip @ScarabMike ??

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So, @ScarabMike ...

Is that how your ski came stock? With the trim like that I mean? Mines got buttons.

Also, I don't see a lever on that side - no brake/reverse? Or do I just not see it?

That mount on your handlebar - I assume that's for GPS? Who makes the mount?

Speaker pods - who makes em? You happy with em?

You running an additional battery I assume? I assume that's what the switch is for above your amp?

I'm looking into amps and speaker pods for both skis (buying another ski soon). Gonna try to just run both amps off bluetooth, don't really need a radio. Maybe even run an aux cord into the glovebox. Wanna keep em both pretty simple and not go overboard like I did on the boat. Just need some sound out there.

Thanks! Sorry to bombard ya with questions, lol. Don't really hang out on any of the ski forums.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@veedubtek

Is that how your ski came stock? With the trim like that I mean? Mines got buttons.
Yea the FZR/FZS waverunners don't come with the fancy electronics. Its basically the race ski that Yamaha competes in the races with.

Also, I don't see a lever on that side - no brake/reverse? Or do I just not see it?
Yea, I have a reverse lever on the right side. Its not electronic.

That mount on your handlebar - I assume that's for GPS? Who makes the mount?
The mount is made from RAM Mount. Its made for motorcycle brake reservoirs. You have to replace the bolts that come with it with some that are the same thread pitch as the stock ones, and a tad bit longer. I also used 1" aluminum sleeves to make the instal look OEM. Ill take a picture of the stuff when I get back home for you. Here is the link for the brake reservoir adaptor. You can custom build from that point using the 1" ball adaptors.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TT8BK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00
Then you add an arm like this.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002L9LW00?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00
Then get a mount for your cell, gps, what ever....
http://www.amazon.com/Cradle-Holder-Universal-X-Grip-Cellphone/dp/B0055PH0XA/ref=pd_sim_422_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=41Hn+xmOFyL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=0Z3Y6D20BKJ1X53S2R3E

Speaker pods - who makes em? You happy with em?
The speaker pods are actually 6 1/2"ski tower pods that I took the tube mounts off, drilled 2 additional holes, powdercoated them, and mounted them to the fairings with some aluminum reinforcement plates behind the plastic. Here is the link to the pods. Many vendors sell them, but just make sure the mounts are completely removable, and that they don't have the wire nuts on the outside.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291419929931 < --- This vendor is awesome BTW.

You running an additional battery I assume? I assume that's what the switch is for above your amp?
I'm not running another battery, and the disconnect is just for the system (radio/amp). The radio has a low voltage warning and auto shutoff, but I wanted to have a physical disconnect. When you run the amp power, make sure you use nothing less than 6 gauge wire. The voltage drop is pretty bad from the rear to the front of the ski.

Also, I used a low amp draw amplifier. Its incredible. Dont use that Pyle, it sucks. Use this one. Its a class D full range amp, and it pushes the speakers loud enough that you can hear them while going full throttle.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VVYL46/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=367R8AA6E6GON&coliid=I2BMOFN7UYI0RT

I'm looking into amps and speaker pods for both skis (buying another ski soon). Gonna try to just run both amps off bluetooth, don't really need a radio. Maybe even run an aux cord into the glovebox. Wanna keep em both pretty simple and not go overboard like I did on the boat. Just need some sound out there.
If you dont want a radio, use this amp. Its very nice, and the bluetooth works great.
http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-40PXIBT502-Portable-Bluetooth-Amplifier/dp/B00E8F01RA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1446983880&sr=8-2&keywords=kicker+marine+amp

Thanks! Sorry to bombard ya with questions, lol. Don't really hang out on any of the ski forums.
No problem man, you know me...... always brainstorming,lol.

Also, if you dont want to cut holes in your ski, or want to make the 6 1/2" speakers into subs, then add mids and highs with a crossover, check out this site.

http://www.soggydogaudio.com/

Kevin is great to deal with, and his products are awesome.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
TYVM @ScarabMike !

After much engaging of the google, I've decided to go with those same cans and a Kenwood BT amp that seems to fit the bill nicely. By the time I get them, and also have them powdercoated, I should have the new ski and ready to install. And likely end up ordering the same for the current ski. I'd love a sub and mids and highs and all the volumes, but I'm really trying to keep it simple.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ScarabMike that set up looks as good as the factory Kawasaki. Very nice job. Here was my music fix solution. I imagine it isn't as loud as your set up :)

Dryvibes wireless bluetooth. It's a pretty solid little speaker and I picked it up on sale for $35.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As always @ScarabMike ..... Great write up!
Thanks @Murf'n'surf !

@ScarabMike that set up looks as good as the factory Kawasaki. Very nice job. Here was my music fix solution. I imagine it isn't as loud as your set up :)

Dryvibes wireless bluetooth. It's a pretty solid little speaker and I picked it up on sale for $35.
I tried something more powerful and similar. Altec has a very nice speaker that mounts with the go pro mounts.. I couldn't hear a thing at idle.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oh no, listening while riding with the little dry vibes speaker is definitely not an option. It was basically for stops in the cove. Your ski looks fun...