• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

So Sad...it's a rental!

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
It's like a shelter dog. I just want to save it from abuse.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was watching a few head out of the no wake zone and they were all over the place. I guess it's a good thing all the rentals park next to each other!!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Doesn't rental (with full coverage) mean "drive it like you stole it"?

A rental place north of me sold a bunch of their VX Waverunners a few years ago. The NADA value on them was around $5K, they sold them on craigslist for $2K. They went fast even though they had over 2K hours on them each (by comparison my skis are '06s and they have less than 300 hours on them). Those two factors (rental and very high hours) made it a no brainer "pass" decision for me.

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
2k hours wowwwww! I'm sure they did lots of oil changes....

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I doubt it.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Doesn't rental (with full coverage) mean "drive it like you stole it"?

A rental place north of me sold a bunch of their VX Waverunners a few years ago. The NADA value on them was around $5K, they sold them on craigslist for $2K. They went fast even though they had over 2K hours on them each (by comparison my skis are '06s and they have less than 300 hours on them). Those two factors (rental and very high hours) made it a no brainer "pass" decision for me.
Not where I have rented from. They go over those skis with a fine toothed comb when you get back trying to get any little extra bit of money they can. Oddly, National has been playing the same game lately on their cars.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And for you Seinfeld fans..."You can take the reservation, you just can't HOLD the reservation.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
so we went to state Park marina and we saw the rentals someone was getting ready to head out in one. They were going to go tubing. I saw the staff running the tow rope through noodles.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
so we went to state Park marina and we saw the rentals someone was getting ready to head out in one. They were going to go tubing. I saw the staff running the tow rope through noodles.
I'll bet you could make a fortune selling new ski & tube ropes to the guys renting those boats. They must get sucked up daily!

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
lol makes you think about renting yours out for 1 day a month to take care of the payment (Of course owner must go out on the trip)

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I was in San Diego I was going to rent a yamaha jet and it was right before I bought mine. They rented larger ones and the LS2000 as their 20' option. I have been in touch with them asking them maintenance questions since anyone that can run these boats that hard and for that long, has to have some great tips.

$375 to rent the LS for 4 hours. $550 for the full day. Not including gas