• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

So sad that FSH 190 or 210 can't be sold in California

jman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Anyone know the real reason why Yamaha didn't get the FSH 190 or 210 certified to be sold in California? I mean they basically use the same engine on other Yamaha boats and they're available in Cali. Really wanted a FSH, but now may have to settle for a Scarab 190 Open. Anyone know if Yamaha going to ever bring the FSH to Cali? The Scarab open is fine and will do what I need it to do, just afraid of having issues. There seems to be so many issues with Scarab boats and paying $40k for a boat to have it be broken would be pretty sad.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reason =its California. . No one can make heads or tales of what the hell is going on out there! Can't u buy a slightly used one and take it in state?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I agree with @bronze_10 , unless you are a Yamaha corporate employee there is no way of knowing why Yamaha didn’t take the actions required to sell the fsh, 192 or 195 in California where there are plenty of lakes and rivers and the entire western border is shoreline.

My local Power sports store buys new Yamaha 2 stroke super jets (which also can’t be sold new in Ca) from out of state and sells them used with a price premium. A few months ago a dealer on this site was selling FShs in Oregon or Washington so you would not have to travel to far to get one. If I was in the market I would see if I could get one from nevada.

Back in 2012 Yamaha didn’t make a ca version of the 242 so you couldn’t buy one in ca that year. When I went to look at them at my local dealer they showed me two left over 2011s that they were selling for the 2012 price instead and claimed that they were constantly looking for more that year.

jman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Reason =its California. . No one can make heads or tales of what the hell is going on out there! Can't u buy a slightly used one and take it in state?
I don’t think you can buy used out of state and still get it registered in Cali. Does anyone know for sure? Would be great to buy used for around $22k and save a bundle if possible. On the other hand wouldn’t want to waste $22k if I couldn’t get it registered after buying.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My local power sport shop does it all the time. They have a superjet in there now and did years ago as well.

Memebrs have brought non CA Yamaha boats into the state before. @txav8r / Mel sold a 230 from Texas to a members here in Ca and they were able to register it here.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I think it's related to not having a Catalytic converter and perhaps not enough space to add on a smaller boat. You can get out of state as non resident though.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You can buy a 190 in CA but not a 192 or 195 which are the supercharged models. My local dealer rep. Told me he never expected to see/sell an FSH.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know the real reason why Yamaha didn't get the FSH 190 or 210 certified to be sold in California? I mean they basically use the same engine on other Yamaha boats and they're available in Cali. Really wanted a FSH, but now may have to settle for a Scarab 190 Open. Anyone know if Yamaha going to ever bring the FSH to Cali? The Scarab open is fine and will do what I need it to do, just afraid of having issues. There seems to be so many issues with Scarab boats and paying $40k for a boat to have it be broken would be pretty sad.
Maybe hit @Ziess21 up for info, he's in Portland, OR, sells FSHs at good prices occasionally, might be able to help you out?
Stewart Mers | River City Boat Sales
stewart@rivercityboatsales.com

--