• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

So whats everyone cooking for the Super Bowl

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Figured we would see whats everyone is planning. I usually do wings of course but i will also do some crab cakes this year as well as a few other things.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
If it gets to 50 like it's supposed to, I will be smoking a chicken, ribs, pulled pork and some apps.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Still working on the menu. Probably 3 rib racks, a butt, ABTs, and a small ham for my folks to take home. Pics later!

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
image.jpeg

It has begun. Chicken will go on in an hour or so.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Bruce

What exactly do you have going on there?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bruce

What exactly do you have going on there?
The top layer is meatballs which are 50% ground beef and 50% pork sausage which Emma requested to make sliders with marinara and mozerella and the smoked sausage that Gavin requested. The lower level is chicken wings. They cooked around 225 degrees for three hours using indirect heat and with chunks of hickory in the coal. I flipped the meatballs and chicken about 2 hours in. It all turned out great.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm gonna try these to bring over to someone else's super bowl party. image.png

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well damn I wish Isaw this sooner I'm going to have to try it. How did they turn out?
They were awesome! Didn't last long either. The one mistake I made is I lined the bottom of the serving pan with papertowels to soak up some of the grease from the bacon. The tots stuck to the paper towel so you had to peel the bottom layer of tots off the paper towel, sometimes getting a little paper towel with your bite. That didn't stop everyone from still polishing them off if that tells you anything!!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We made tailgate sandwiches which are made with Kings Hawaiian rolls, black forest ham, and povalone cheese. You cut the rolls in half and place the bottoms in a greased baking pan. Build the sandwiches with ham on bottom and then cheese and put the top back on. Then take a stick of melted butter, tablespoon of mustard, tablespoon of woshtishor (sp), and 2 tablespoons of minced onions all mixed together. Pour that mixture over the top. Then sprinkle shredded parmisian cheese and bake for 30 mins at 350. Slice and serve.
We also made guacamole following @txav8r 's recipe, homemade salsa, and some spinach artichoke dip. Needless to say we ate good.