• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Solas replacement impeller.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone replaced their stock impeller with a Solas? If so, which one? I've tried to contact Impros without any luck. Only getting 7200 rpm out of my 2014 and wanted to see if I can get more rpms. Yamaha has been absolutely no help at dealer level and beyond.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What elevation are you boating at? What speed do you reach at 7200 rpm?

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
455 elevation. Hitting 39-40 mph on gps. Bimini down. 5 people. 2 adults totaling 340 lbs and 3 kids at around 300 lbs with a 60 lb tube in ski locker. Been out 4 times and always the same. Smooth water.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you have a 190 or 192?

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
with over 700 lbs total that does not sound too off.
top speed is 50 on speedometer with 1 person. (aprx 180 lbs)

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Well that is disappointing. I thought these boats were supposed to run around 7600 rpm.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
what I found is that when I am close to the weight limit my boat will bot rev as much as with lower weight. but every time this has happened I have had the boat in the water for a while with less ppl and the engine is already running hot.
From the loads of hours of reading thru here, I conclude that the supercharger does not work at 100% when asked to go to the limit after the engine is already hot and under load.
Someone had some luck by rigging a cold air intake. Once the boat has more hours I might experiment so see for myself if it makes a difference or not.
in any case I only wot for about 10% so it's not crucial for me if I hit 45 or 50 all the time.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Gonna take it out by myself next weekend and see what kind of rpms I'm getting.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did some testing this Sunday (since the weather on Sat was crappy), and realized that having the Bimini completely open, vs closed and all the way down was cutting about 4 mph off top speed.
The boat ran great and really smooth until the load was over 650lbs. After adding another adult and another kid (at about 875), and with Bimini up and fully open. it topped at 40mph. By then I had been in the water over 30 mns so the engine was as hot as it would get.
Can't complain for now, but down the line will look into a couple mods to get colder air into the supercharger, if for nothing else, to get another 1/4 mpg better on gas at cruise speed. (for improved range)

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
https://jetboaters.net/threads/sx-192-mods.6550/ Check out this thread. With 4 adults, 2 kids, full of fuel, and bimini up I can run 46 mph. With a light load I'm seeing 51 mph with bimini down. I forgot the top was up one day and hit 50 mph for a few seconds, I'm surprised it didn't fold up on me. This is all after hard driving with engine hot.

Eurocat I just realized it was you. At least this will link other people with the same problem to that thread.

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just remembered some ppl posting about the throttle cable not hitting the limiter and needed adjustment. some got an additional couple hundred rpm out of it.
So check yours, only takes a couple minutes and it's an easy adjust.

in any case, above all these boats suffer from heat soak, so follow that thread SamCF posted as a few are trying to come up with solutions.