• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD SOLD! 2003 Winnebago Journey DL 32TD, Greenville, NC $65,000

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know this is a boat forum but figured I would post this here too in case anyone was interested or knew someone that might be. Plus it does have a 10,000lb tow capacity so you could pull your boat with it.
Here is the link to the RVtrader site: https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2003-Winnebago-JOURNEY-32T-5006943745

In case you don't want to click the link here is the diatribe I put on there about it. Probably way too much info but avoids the emails of "so what can you tell me about it". I only put a few pics but can send you more if interested:
IMG_2002.jpegIMG_2005.jpegIMG_2007.jpegIMG_2006.jpegIMG_1999.jpegIMG_1990.jpegIMG_1994.jpeg
2003 Winnebago Journey DL 32TD. This is a hard to find short diesel pusher with a brand new Cummins 5.9L ISB 300hp motor, an Allison 3000 transmission with 10K lb tow capacity and an Onan 7500 generator. All the benefits of a big diesel pusher with a smaller, easier to park chassis. The smaller size gives you more camping options as this smaller coach can fit in sites the 40 footers can't. I get compliments and questions about this motorhome wherever I go. It is in excellent shape for a 2003. Exterior paint still shines, the interior is practically flawless, the real wood cabinets are not banged up, no water leaks and all systems work as they should. It sleeps 6 with a rear queen bed, a fold down sleeper sofa, and a fold down dinette table.

The short story is I bought this motorhome in the spring of 2017 with only 20,000 miles on it. I intended on taking a 3 week cross country trip with my family. My plan was to buy a used motorhome, use it for the trip, then sell it when I got back thinking this would be better than renting one. All was going fine until middle of nowhere South Dakota, the fuel injector lost a tip and melted a cylinder. The motor was ruined and had to be replaced. After putting a new motor in it, I thought I would keep it and not sell it but with 2 young boys and all the other activities we just don't have time for it and it's too nice to just sit. There are currently 6000+ miles on the new engine.

Since I have owned it I have spared no expense on keeping it in top shape. I replaced the engine; replaced a leveling jack; replaced all 8 leveling springs; I resealed the roof in 2017 and 2019; replaced flourescent lights with LEDs; replaced 2 front tires; replaced front track bar, link bar & sway bar bushings; replaced the radio receiver; installed a Trik-L-Start system so chassis batteries charge when plugged into shore power; intalled a TireMinder tire pressure monitoring system.

The only 2 things I know that don't work are the 1) level sensing unit for the jacks (I just use a bubble level instead) and 2) the water heater bypass valve switch I replumbed to manual valves.

During the winter I store it in an enclosed building and the rest of the time it is stored with a cover on it if not being used. I has never sat for more than 4-6 weeks without me driving it for at least an hour on the highway. I have the title in hand and I am not desperate to sell it.

I am more than happy to let you drive it, we can set it up, put down the jacks, put the slides in/out, push all the buttons etc. There are no issues and in better condition than when I bought it. If you've never owned a RV I am more than willing to walk you through all the normal procedures as well as how to winterize it. And if you made it this far thanks for looking and feel free to ask me any questions you may have about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice GLWS