• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Some serious winds today

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess the north east getting hammered with hurricane like winds.
Just talked with some friends and family in Mass and RI , lots of outages and damage.

Be safe up there and hope all gets through ok.
The westerly winds have lowered the Trent River by at least 3 feet and Brices Creek is extremely low.

Here is some pics from where I launch from.

20180302_181121.jpg
20180302_180828.jpg
There is never land showing here

20180302_180825.jpg
You can see how far down the pilings the normal water line is.
Where my wife Jeannine and Casper are standing would be mid thigh deep in water

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Wow - that is stuff you guys probably never see. Hope everyone stays safe... if you keep your boat outside, tie it down!

When Irma was coming through, it sucked up a ton of water out of our intercostal, some spots where completely dry. This is a shot of the intercostal, looking at the bridge going to Clearwater Beach (you can see the channel markers). It is scary stuff, because that water can come back at 3-4x its normal height.

fullsizeoutput_19ff.jpeg

I should have went out and got my anchor that was stuck when this happened lol.

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We ran into that when i lived in New Bern. We had to go up to the ramp in Pollocksville. Damn i miss that brown water. 20160409_160255.jpg 20150628_125310.jpg

ENC boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was down almost 4 1/2 ' at my dock. About a mile up creek. It was all good. I was able to get in an haul out a 30' oak that was in the water. Waiting for the 80s to come back .

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Was crazy for sure. For the first time ever we had furniture from the elevated patio (heavy wicker furniture) end up on the next patio down on top of the pool cover. Pretty crazy

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I looked at the wave report yesterday. It was not water I would ever want to see from my boat.
Screenshot_20180303-205353.png

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That was a crazy blowout! Here is a shot from our new home on the Trent River on a normal day and then after the windy blowout. Amazing.
IMG_2153.JPG IMG_2152.JPG

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Paulie What a great shot! Kind of beautiful and scary at the same time.

Well, my river is like that all the time, and it can take just few hours to go up or down 20ft. It is crazy! but we are used to it.

Right now the water level is actually perfect, about 15ft in the main channel, but I doubt it will stay that way for long.

--

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yup. That’s us. My brother built the new house next door and we were visiting one weekend and the for sale sign went up on this house so we jumped on it. It’s a total fixer upper, but with tons of potential and 200’ of shoreline! We are totally loving it so far. I do have to cut back on the double cheeseburgers from Merchant’s though. Lol!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup. That’s us. My brother built the new house next door and we were visiting one weekend and the for sale sign went up on this house so we jumped on it. It’s a total fixer upper, but with tons of potential and 200’ of shoreline! We are totally loving it so far. I do have to cut back on the double cheeseburgers from Merchant’s though. Lol!
Nice spot you got there. I live a few miles from there. I got a few acres behind Gary's Nursery backing up to Reedy Branch.
Merchants is a great place. That' where I launch from.
I absolutey love this area.
A friend of mine from Mass. just put an offer on a house on Rock Creek rd near u.

Btw your neighbor has a Yamaha jet boat and 2 waverunners. Never see them out much though

Last edited:

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Neutron , that’s awesome! I’m looking forward to meeting you in person soon. So where on W. Rock Creek Rd is your friend putting an offer in? I was not aware of any other homes for sale on the loop.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The first house was on River Island rd. But lost it because his offer didnt go in before another was accepted.
He currently has an offer pending on Rock Creek rd. (The dead end)

Paulie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh, the dead end. Now I know where you mean. Cool, I hope he gets this one.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Didn't realize so many were from New Bern. We own a turf grass farm in Jacksonville and I've been doing some deliveries in New Bern over the last few weeks. I usually turn at Pollocksville and take island creek road to Brices Creek road. Looks like some of you are around that area of the Trent.?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Me and @Paulie live in the area where Island Creek rd meets Brices Creek road over towards the Trent River

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Gotcha! Went by there twice yesterday and once today.