• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Somebody get me a doctor!

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What is wrong with me? Yesterday - no kids. I decided to explore a new river in MD, about 30 miles away rather than my usual private river, 20 miles away in a different direction and a known quantity - clean, glass, no other boats for at least a 10 mile stretch. So off we headed to the Wicomico River. Pulled into the public ramp. Disgusting ramp and parking lot and about a 40 degree ramp - dangerous - really steep and quick drop off. A look in the water? Disgusting. Floating trash. Pieces of metal on the river bed I could see around the sides of the ramp. A barge driving by. Lots of flying rats, or as some call them, sea gulls. So much for that. Even my wife said there is no way we are putting our boat into this sewer. Even after a 40 minute drive. So back we headed to our private river, 30 minutes away cutting across some back roads. Had a great day as we traversed the entire length of our private river, into the Chesapeake Bay. First time ever and still had plenty of gas in the tank when we got home. I'm guessing a 50 mile round trip.

So, around noon today I post on the forum about a loose bolt on a hand rail which is virtually impossible to access by anyone but a midget. Then, out to the boat to clean it since I didn't get to it last nite. SEVEN HOURS LATER AND I AM DONE! What is wrong with me? My wife comes outside and looks at me like I am ill, asking why it takes 7 hours to clean a boat????

Vacuumed out the pine needles, etc that fell into the boat overnight as I did not cover it because it wasn't going to rain and I wanted it to breathe for a nite. Hand scrubbed the deck,inch by inch, to include all channels, with a bug pad and Totally Awesome. Hand scrubbed every inch of the interior, again - microfiber and Totally Awesome. Raised the boat a few inches and hosed off the interior to wash any remnants of cleaner and dirt away. Took all cushions out. Sprayed down with some Awesome and used the bug pad, whether they needed it or not. Layed them out to dry in the sun. Flushed each engine ten minutes with freshwater. Then repeat with Salt Away until the blue in the cup starts to disappear. Sick, but yes, a double flush of each engine. Then, the exterior. By hand. Soap and a mitt, except for the underside which had some light scum along the length. Attacked that with the bug pad and some Awesome, and made "quick?" work of it, inch by inch. By the way, a bird crapped last nite on a cushion and the Awesome could not remove the stain off the cushion. Nor did a Magic Eraser. Guess I'm screwed here. Wasted about thirty minutes here. That bird could not have dropped a turd a foot to the right? Then, the swim deck. Always fun because if you don't have enough tilt on the boat, the water won't run off freely. Then, to the jet areas. Not too bad. Spray with Awesome, then get in there with a detail brush and the bug pad. Oh, did I forget to mention the channel around the scupper? Am I nuts? Cleaning the channel surrounding the scupper? Yes, every inch covered, including the underside where the ladder is stored. Next, another rinse of the boat with salt away, to include the trailer. As the boat is still wet, it is time for the Hot Sauce. Now, I begin to think I am ill. I smell the Hot Sauce. Why do I love the smell of the Hot Sauce? Is it because in fact the smell is great, or does my body sense my work is almost done and subconsciously it knows I will soon be resting? So little by little, I hit the boat with the sauce, working all the way around. Then, another pass with a new dry microfiber cloth, just to finish up and get rid of any spots. Not done yet. Time for the CRC. All metal and moving parts. I begin to wonder why my sacrificial anodes still look brand new......then CRC the trailer bolts. Sick sick sick it is 7 pm and I am finally done. About 7 hours after I started. WHY DO I DO THIS? I have a life. I have 3 jobs. I have kids (who are away this week on another church trip). I am not selling my boat and don't plan to anytime soon in this decade. And the kicker? I keep a log book of every trip I have taken on this boat. I HAVE ONLY BEEN OUT 15 TIMES IN TWO SEASONS! Yet I continue to obsess about the cleanliness of the boat.

Is there a doctor who can fix me? I need help. Thank you.

Well you do have OCD in your screen name...with an M thrown in there:-)

@Bruce ...he told me I was too anal and not enjoying my boat! I get you Tom! Were on the same page. We enjoy spending time on the boat, under the boat, in the boat, and modding the boat. Boating is the same whether working on her or relaxing on her! The question is...how many beers (or wines) is a 7 hour rampage?:winkingthumbsup"

Have you hired a midget yet?

I think the screen name means "Obsessive Compulsive Masochistic Disorder." It hurt just reading that.

I am sick. Admission is the first step to recovery.......but I can't help thinking about that bird s@*t stain! One of my daughter's slim friend is coming to town this weekend and she will be placed in the hold to make repairs before she goes out!

Just hit it with the awesome and set the cushion in the sun for a few hours, it will fade. It is organic and it will go away...it just may take a little time.

As Rat said to Mole:

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing — absolutely nothing — half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing... about in boats — or with boats. In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's the charm of it. Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."

I am sick. Admission is the first step to recovery.......but I can't help thinking about that bird s@*t stain! One of my daughter's slim friend is coming to town this weekend and she will be placed in the hold to make repairs before she goes out!

Was it a Raven?

Or maybe it was a Black and Gold Finch from Pittsburgh!!!! Of course I am assuming you are a Baltimore fan.

I am a fan of no team.

Oak at Miami.jpg

Last edited:
Oh crap. That's right!! I'll look forward to seeing you 'work' this season!!

Oh hell, you gotta be a fan of all of them don't you? lol

Ummm, cant get the minutes back I wasted reading this:banghead:

It is all your fault had you only parked it differently a bird might not have found it! lol

Back