• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Somebody pinch me...

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2110cc would be awesome. How much power can the chassis handle?

Have you considered a roll bar? I think a simple hoop like this would look nice and add a lot of safety.

dscf3725.jpg

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@veedubtek ,

Incidentally, in the same boat spend/justification wise. That is, paid off the boat late last year and bought a converible sports car in February of this year. I use the car very little but still more than my boat, so far anyway.

Some people will say these are expensive toys. I say they and I am worth every penny and more. Others may say you are having a midlife crisis. To that my response would be "crisis avoided on purchase date". Congrats again, hopefully admiring it doesn't take up too much of your free / boat upgrade time.
Well said Ronnie! This also covers how I live my life too!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've seen crazy amounts of power put through them, including V8 power with no real chassis mods. I'm building the 2110 fairly modestly, and only shooting for about 120hp, which should be more than enough in this.

Dropped the Thing off at the paint shop this evening. Hopefully tomorrow evening I'll get to start tinkering with this one.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Gave her a quick bath and a better inspection today. Found an adjustable front beam, so of course lowered the front end real quick. Got her to fire! Ordered a bunch of stuff including new gas tank and carb rebuild kits. Probably not much else until I get the parts next week.

33.jpg

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Put 18.5 miles on her today and she's sitting at home safe and sound in my garage. :D

IMG_20150508_232057.jpg

Yes. Only 3531 total miles...

And, as much as I want to drive her all dam weekend, it's just too nice not to go to the lake!!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome. I love that car. Congrats on getting her up and running.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup, it was all worth it. Taking her on a maiden 250 mile voyage tomorrow!

9.jpg