• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

someone had a very bad day

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
sunk5.jpg sunk3.jpg sunk2.jpg sunk.jpg Sat. I backed out of boating on the Mississippi cause the weather was supposed to turn crappy [ it did]. My daughter and grandsons went any way because a couple of her friends were there. Someone is very lucky they went, winds kicked up [no rain at the time] and all the boats but Jill and her friends ran for it. this one didn't make it. My grandson and another guy went out in Jill's 15.5 Speedster and pulled 5 people including a 2 and 4 year old out.I swiped these pics from Sunday off facebook. Might be just a river but it's a big flippin river and it can get rough

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 24013 View attachment 24014 View attachment 24015 View attachment 24016 Sat. I backed out of boating on the Mississippi cause the weather was supposed to turn crappy [ it did]. My daughter and grandsons went any way because a couple of her friends were there. Someone is very lucky they went, winds kicked up [no rain at the time] and all the boats but Jill and her friends ran for it. this one didn't make it. My grandson and another guy went out in Jill's 15.5 Speedster and pulled 5 people including a 2 and 4 year old out.I swiped these pics from Sunday off facebook. Might be just a river but it's a big flippin river and it can get rough
Wow! Great work by your grandson and the other guy. Likely saved lives. Two toddlers!

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thats a rather large boat. I am guessing they had a leak and it sank from that.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Your Grandson and whoever went with him are heroes. You should be proud!

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Thats a rather large boat. I am guessing they had a leak and it sank from that.
Nope, it was that rough. 30- 40 mph wind blowing against the current. Guy told my daughter hid hit a wave and capsized.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Your Grandson and whoever went with him are heroes. You should be proud!
Yep, won't be giving Jared any more grief about driving the hell out of his ma's boat, hes getting very good at it. He's 17 and has had his boating card for several yrs. Had to be quite a handful in that little Speedster, he's 6'3" 280, the guy that went with him is 6'7" and in rough water that is a real load.

Aces_Over_Kings

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Posting to cheer on the 15' Speedster search and rescue! Hell yes! Probably not ideal, but I can imagine the speedster's maneuverability, speed, and safe/easy accessibility made it handy in a pinch. The Speedster crew deserves a lot of credit for making that happen.

Can't imagine it loaded with 7 people, however! Especially during rough seas, that must have been something. Impressively bad conditions if that boat hit one wave and capsized.

Edit: Shameless bias -- a 15' Speedster is what I have.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Posting to cheer on the 15' Speedster search and rescue! Hell yes! Probably not ideal, but I can imagine the speedster's maneuverability, speed, and safe/easy accessibility made it handy in a pinch. The Speedster crew deserves a lot of credit for making that happen.

Can't imagine it loaded with 7 people, however! Especially during rough seas, that must have been something. Impressively bad conditions if that boat hit one wave and capsized.

Edit: Shameless bias -- a 15' Speedster is what I have.
I'm betting he turned across the waves heading for the launch and took one sideways. they took the Speedster cause the other guy,s boat is a pontoon That would have been a real handful.