• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Something for the Jeep Fans

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone else seen this?

2021 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Prototype Caught Towing A Large Trailer In Las Vegas (Spied) - The Fast Lane Truck

I'm in the process of googling up some more info. Looks, well, interesting.

Uncle used to have a Jeep Comanche pickup years ago (not the same uncle that just accidentally bought a 2wd pickup). Best I can recall from my wayback machine of a memory is that we drag raced it against a C4 corvette at a stoplight, and somewhat handily won. I think I was 11 or 12 at the time. Might or might not have had the lap belt on properly.

Anywho, thought I'd share.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
how's that different than the RAM?

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I do see some differences from a RAM pickup, note the 6 lug wheels and shorter wheelbase. My question is why would Jeep get into the full size SUV market when that is a shrinking segment? Seems like a(nother) bad Chrysler/FCA business decision.

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The article states that its a Ram body with the "undercarriage" of an upcoming Jeep, I suppose this is to test power-train, towing capabilities, etc without giving away the shape of the non-production model vehicle.

"While there’s a Ram body on top, we’re confident Jeep’s forthcoming three-row SUV is lurking underneath. "

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This has been rumored and planned for a while now. It'll be a full size 3 row SUV topping out in the 6 figures.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So they disguised it as a ram pickup and then disguised the ram pickup.
Not buying it.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I do see some differences from a RAM pickup, note the 6 lug wheels
I think it's a scam...click-bait BS.

The 2019 RAM changed to 6-bolt lugs to increase load and tow capacity...nothing new here...move along.
The shorter wheelbase and bed could be just for off road use. Again, nothing new here.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So they disguised it as a ram pickup and then disguised the ram pickup.
Not buying it.
Same here...been looking closely at the new 2019 RAM trucks...nothing in this "article" suggests anything Jeep related.
Move along...
o_O

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
American automakers are making $15,000-$25,000 on each full-size pick up truck they sell that’s why Jeep would be getting into selling them they can copy almost everything out of the Ram and just put the name on it.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
American automakers are making $15,000-$25,000 on each full-size pick up truck they sell that’s why Jeep would be getting into selling them they can copy almost everything out of the Ram and just put the name on it.
I don't think so...Chevy, Ford, Ram, they all watch each other closely, but I don't think Jeep would copy their own FCA brand to get in on profit. Jeep has a history of design, and I just can't see their branch doing the "monkey see, monkey do" game.
YMMV

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The wagoneer will not be a full sized truck it will be a full sized SUV