• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Son's new toy (new wake tower)

I sent it back. After it taking so long I had issues with the boat a 14 sx210. It needed 2 new engines at 70 hours so I got rid of it and got a new 15 AR240 which had a tower.

So, I am figuring out where to place the tower, and if you look where that sx230 has it on the first page, I think they have a shorter length windshield, and basically have it in the middle of the boat.
I am just toying with placement. Maybe I'll have my wife take a picture or two quick to show you what I'm thinking.
On their website they have pics but I think the guy put it too far back and tilted it up too much.
Plenty of stuff in my original thread here as well: https://jetboaters.net/threads/almost-time-for-a-tower.1235/
27823-16.jpg

I am looking at putting the tower on the side of the hull, with the rear point right below where the bimini mounting point is right below the rear point of the windshield. This gets it lower and farther forward than what is in the picture here.

@Speedling , I agree that the aerial picture looks like it is too far back. When I was installing mine, I had read that the tow point was supposse to be roughly overhead of the driver. I can't see whether it is in the picture above but it still seems "off".

I also experienced delays with my tower which was an Aerial, ordered from H20 watersports. They told me it was because I ordered the black powder coating. I also had to return my mirror since it had a blemish/dent that threw off the view a bit. They did replace it but that also took some time.

Good luck and I look forward to the pictures. Measure twice, cut once!

20150911_165203.jpg I am holding it so it is a little hard to tell from in the boat, but just a bit further back and tikted upright a bit. Hard to know level while holding the tower!

That looks better and the tow point seems to be in the right spot. Definitely check your bimini fit to ensure that it goes up/down prior to doing any cutting but I think that I read that you have plans for that. Great looking boat

Yeah. Bimini is going where it needs to go. I want the tower correct and the bimini can be the compensated piece.

I just shot you a PM on how I retrofitted my bimini. This is where my tower is mounted.

Side Profile.jpg

Any chance you have pictures of your bimini open on the Freeride? Curious to see the difference between yours (side mounted and further towards the bow) and the one I've seen rear mounted aft.

This is a shot of my bimini open. Sorry, bad picture quality and I'm still working on moving the front strap mounts back.Bimini 8.jpg

Still progressing slowly! Working on cleaning up my mess and wiring stuff up. Never enough time in a day when I already work two jobs! Anyways, it looks sharp but in the picture it looks pretty tall!20150927_120726.jpg

Still waiting on those racks though...

Great job, looks awesome!

Back