• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sorry guys ive gone V drive as well

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, that is a crazy sub location. You will definitely feel the bass at the helm. Holy crap.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome lookin boat and truck! Your truck ain't exactly small so that's a good sized boat. The metallic blue paint/ gelcoat looks cool too. Congrats!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Beautiful V-drive boat. Axis makes a really good product, we had looked at those but I couldn't convince my wife that we were that interested in surfing and she liked the shallow draft of the jet. (I also like the jet because I have mangled too many props in bad weather on the boat ramp). It's always been a clear line though, if you're REALLY serious about surfing or boarding, you gotta have a V.

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
thanks everyone, im just waiting on the title to come in so i can go get my registration taken care of and break it in and game on

Reactions: 007

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
and that sub location is where mostly all v drive company's put them for the most part

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Gorgeous. Don't forget the pictures of the wake once it is broke in.

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I will make sure to get some wake pictures up asap @buckbuck it still needs 8.6 hours put on it and my closest lake is up 23' over summer pool currently so stuff floating everywhere and people launching from the parking lot to go fishing

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@dustinjean you scored! Really NICE boat! There are times I miss my Malibu and looking at these pictures is one of them. Wish I could afford to have both! :D Plus, a nice little bass boat. Mentally spending my retirement now. :(

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Yamaha finally got my boat finished after 4 weeks due to some gel coat cracks around the windshield mounting holes, I got all of our personal stuff out of it and the onboard charger and boat buckles off and onto the axis now just waiting on the dealer to drive from florida to come get it. I also got the registration taken care of on the axis but our local lake is still 18' over summer pool and logs floating everywhere etc. so no breaking it in this weekend plus its the ky derby aka party time around here!
both.jpg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like the Yamaha is just as big as the axis.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Kinda sad to see the Yamaha is no longer the favorite and have covered privileges.

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Is it @jcyamaharider ? The yamaha just has a taller hull, I could literally sit the ar inside the axis and probably still seat 2 the yamaha held 9 people the a24 holds 17, @buckbuck you wouldn't do the same?

Attachments

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey now I said looks and I was looking from the front.

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well the dealer picked up the yamaha on the 7th and brought me my bimini to install, talk about a pita! And we took it out for the maiden voyage on the 9th I filled the ballast and got a few quick pictures keep in mind this is with 0 bow ballast and only 2 people onboard which i will be ordering the bow bag soon and eventually #1100 rear bags to replace the #750's to make the wave longer, but it is currently in the shop :( threw an engine fault code but that's what warranty's are for.

Hopefully we will get it back this week, overall we LOVE IT though, my wife loves the ease of drive ability, zero off cruise and automated ballast and how much quieter it is than the twin jets, and talk about torque. It is insane the power it has and how much smoother it rides through chop I was blown away with everything, no going back for me.

sorry no pics of me surfing, I was about to when it threw the fault code so I didn't want to risk anything and just loaded it up

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That is one fantastic wave! Even those who are goofy get some action. Very nice.

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
thanks @buckbuck it can only get better from here with a bow sac and more people and putting the wedge down changes the face of it, no wedge is more of a skim wave and wedge down gives more lip and curl to it

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice @dustinjean! Sounds like you made a good choice for yourself and the wife! Look forward to some more pics of the boat on the water.

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
we got lucky on the engine code nothing major just the oil temp sensor came unplugged so picking it up tomorrow and probably take it out Saturday so possibly more pics