• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sotally Tober 5's Completed Build (Pic Heavy)

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Very cool build ST! Great seeing all your additions and changes. Two quick questions & thoughts:

Where'd ya get those iPhone holders? That's a neat idea.

and

you may want to take a moment to get some battery terminal covers for the additional batteries you installed under the bow seat. I noticed your + terminals are expense and if something happens to drop on them...you may be in sparksville.

:)
Iphone holders off of Amazon and thanks for the tip on the covers. I will look into that !

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
this is waaaaay impressive, really well done. more money than i can afford to spend on audio but suspect it helps mute the engine noise :)
i am thinking about removing the articulating keel / rudder and adding thrust vectors to our 2019 ar240 that we just purchased. the steering is really tight so i removed the rod attaching the rudder to the starboard steering and it is smooth as butter whereas the articulating keel is very stiff. any tips for removing the rudder and are you happy with how the boat handles with this swap?
I wish I could provide some tips; however, my dealers did it while it was in for a servicing. I think they charged me like 30 or 40 bucks. I've been happy without but I have also been driving these boats for almost 20 years so fins are really needed. The removal was more for piece of mind as we always back into sand bars.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I was able to mount one on my 212.

The hatch just barely touches the rubber mount on the handle side of the anchor but it doesn’t hold it open or interfere at all.

I lost and then forgot about the bungee. Came on here to figure out how you all got the rubber clamp tight enough to hold the pointy end of the anchor securely…I’m dumb.

View attachment 176075
I think my spike is the next size up, and might be a different brand. Mine has a black neoprene handle.

id10tfr33

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wish I could provide some tips; however, my dealers did it while it was in for a servicing. I think they charged me like 30 or 40 bucks. I've been happy without but I have also been driving these boats for almost 20 years so fins are really needed. The removal was more for piece of mind as we always back into sand bars.
yea, fairly certain backing on to sand bars was the cause of my rudder being so stiff. added a second tie rod to balance the steering load for the time being

RNYCLV

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well....I thought my addition of LED's for the kids was awesome. Thanks, I left this open on the PC and my wife saw....here comes the rabbit hole.
Beautiful boat and craftsmanship, well done!

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well....I thought my addition of LED's for the kids was awesome. Thanks, I left this open on the PC and my wife saw....here comes the rabbit hole.
Beautiful boat and craftsmanship, well done!
Thanks !

goose4010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just updated the pics on the first page with three images of a cooler mod I did. Long story short.... I had to get creative with my space management and I was quickly running out room for my yeti soft sided coolers. Picked up this Yeti Back Flip to utilize the empty space on the port side that was designed to hold a trash can. Sometime next week I'll post and share some other storage mods I did to save room.

View attachment 143061View attachment 143062View attachment 143063
This idea is absolutely one of my favorites I have seen....Feels like such dead space on our boat!

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length