• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

sound deadening solution

rickd01

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know there a few guys here that have experience in the car audio world. My question is NOT for my boat, but my car that I am restoring and in need of some advice. Which sound deadening product has services you well in your car audio projects. Dynamat, second skin, fatmat..........

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I make my own. I've spent thousands on actual stuff, but this works just as good. More info here

http://joegorm.com/2003_crown_vic.htm
While this may work for your intended purpose, there is still a lot left out. Sound deadening should be at least a 3 step process involving CLD (like what you have), CCF and MLV. The CLD really only needs 25% coverage and that is to reduce panel resonance. The MLV is what really blocks sound and the CCF decouples the two. while doing some if it's own sound reduction as well. There can be a lot involved especially in specialty areas, but at the core that is the basis.

For ease of use, SoundSkins is great because it combines CLD and CCF.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a CCW.......does that count? LOL :D

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
No idea what CLD stands for lol, CCF = closed cell foam, mlv = mass loaded vinyl