• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sound Extreme by EcoXgear

Vegas Boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought the same boat and I'm looking at buying the black ones for it. I'm just a little bit worried about the battery life. Did you purchase them? If so, how are you liking them?

mtudb24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought the same boat and I'm looking at buying the black ones for it. I'm just a little bit worried about the battery life. Did you purchase them? If so, how are you liking them?
I don't pick up the boat until Middle of April. So haven't bought them yet. Just trying to get all my parts here before the boat arrives so I can install everything on the first weekend before it goes in water.

This guy really seemed to like them and he only bought the 1 powered speaker and 1 passive speaker. Installed on a FSH boat

Vegas Boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ended up buying the one battery powered and one passive speaker. They are supposed to be delivered Friday. I'll let you know how they are once I get my hands on them.

Kuntzee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m going to buy the 2 battery black ones. Looking at the ecocast Bluetooth receiver as well. Does anybody know if that would be easy install to factory head unit ?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For the $1200 or whatever they are priced at, can't you just buy an amp and a pair of tower speakers and connect to the system you already have. Then you never have to worry about battery life, and you are utilizing all speakers in your boat, and not just the tower speakers.

It seems spendy, but that size may create some good sound. It seems like something I would put on a boat or SXS that has no head unit or amp already.

Good luck,

mtudb24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the $1200 or whatever they are priced at, can't you just buy an amp and a pair of tower speakers and connect to the system you already have. Then you never have to worry about battery life, and you are utilizing all speakers in your boat, and not just the tower speakers.

It seems spendy, but that size may create some good sound. It seems like something I would put on a boat or SXS that has no head unit or amp already.

Good luck,
You could be right but I was looking at it from a install stand point. Not sure how hard it is to route the wires inside the tower legs, but I know on a few of my CC's, it was always a pain in the ass to run the wires from the T-top and down to the console for things like extra spreader lights, marine VHF radio's, map lights etc.

I also thought it would be easy to just use the Bluetooth feature to tie them to the head unit..

Sadly the AR220 has no transom speakers. Only 2 in the bow and 2 mid ship, so if we're out in the water or on the back swim platform, you'll never hear the speakers in the bow and minimal sound from the 2 in the cockpit, so running the tower speakers by themselves probably isn't a huge disadvantage when parked at the sandbar or beach.

Just my thoughts. Still some more research to be done.

Thanks
Todd

Kuntzee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You could be right but I was looking at it from a install stand point. Not sure how hard it is to route the wires inside the tower legs, but I know on a few of my CC's, it was always a pain in the ass to run the wires from the T-top and down to the console for things like extra spreader lights, marine VHF radio's, map lights etc.

I also thought it would be easy to just use the Bluetooth feature to tie them to the head unit..

Sadly the AR220 has no transom speakers. Only 2 in the bow and 2 mid ship, so if we're out in the water or on the back swim platform, you'll never hear the speakers in the bow and minimal sound from the 2 in the cockpit, so running the tower speakers by themselves probably isn't a huge disadvantage when parked at the sandbar or beach.

Just my thoughts. Still some more research to be done.

Thanks
Todd
Todd, I have a 23 AR220 and last summer we tried to play the in boat speakers while hanging out at the sandbar and you could barely hear the speakers that are inside the boat. And if you could if anybody was up in the boat it would blow them out. So I agree with you that they can be used independently while at the sandbar. Also I was worried about running the extra wire and amp and all that too. If I get the Ecocast hooked up to the head unit then they should work with the factory head unit while underway.

I have been doing my research too to see if they are worth the investment and how other guys are hooking them up.

Happy Boating
Erik

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yup, I get ya, it's the very reason we added tower speakers to our previous boat. And thought we would need them on our current boat.

But we are happy to report that a pair of JL's on the swim deck have more than made up for the lack of tower speakers for us and I didn't have to worry about adding more to the tower. Even though our 242ls had the wiring in there for the small speakers from the factory.

If I didn't want to do tower speakers, I would consider one of the many threads of folks adding swimdeck speakers. The biggest thing is avoiding the wire routing in the tower, as mentioned, but also the need for batteries and a second audio source that is not tied to the rest of the boat for when you are in the boat.

Best of luck with this, but for that kind of money, my local stereo shop could install some quality speakers and use zone control when moving around the boat.

Vegas Boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed the speakers over the weekend. They were really easy to set up and they sound great! Much better than I expected. They were on for about 7 hours over the weekend and the battery still has 75% charge left.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I run a pair of much smaller eco x speakers on my wife’s FX Waverunner. They are great for that application. That is no other sound source.

For the boat I’d opt for attaching to the head unit I already have along with an amp to go with them. If you don’t have zone control just add an inline switch to the hot wire on the new amp and possibly on the hot leads to the other speakers.

Also based on a bad experience I’d install the new speakers in the transom rather than on the tower. They are less likely to get stolen and not blast the people in the cockpit if they are in the transom.

Cost wise I’ve always found it less expensive to to buy passive speakers and an amp than powered speakers. Finally, the enclosures for tower mounted speakers add a ridiculous amount to the price.

I get that it’s easier to go wireless and battery powered especially if you have more money than time but other more cost conscious alternatives would be to purchase one or two small blue tooth speakers or one large one are not attached which you can use on or off the boat.

Pics of examples referenced above are attached

Attachments

mtudb24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Installed the speakers over the weekend. They were really easy to set up and they sound great! Much better than I expected. They were on for about 7 hours over the weekend and the battery still has 75% charge left.
Fantastic. Think I will order mine soon then
You buy them on Amazon or someplace else? Think if I do Amazon, I'd order the no hassle warranty too

mtudb24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup, I get ya, it's the very reason we added tower speakers to our previous boat. And thought we would need them on our current boat.

But we are happy to report that a pair of JL's on the swim deck have more than made up for the lack of tower speakers for us and I didn't have to worry about adding more to the tower. Even though our 242ls had the wiring in there for the small speakers from the factory.

If I didn't want to do tower speakers, I would consider one of the many threads of folks adding swimdeck speakers. The biggest thing is avoiding the wire routing in the tower, as mentioned, but also the need for batteries and a second audio source that is not tied to the rest of the boat for when you are in the boat.

Best of luck with this, but for that kind of money, my local stereo shop could install some quality speakers and use zone control when moving around the boat.
I hear what your saying and yup there is a tradeoff for everything. The problem with the new 220 is the only place to put swim deck speakers is on the lower back side of the engine compartment wall just outboard of the the vertical straps you use to pull yourself out of the water when using the ladder. If people are setting there with their feet in the water, they'll block the noise and those speakers will be useless. And you don't want people leaning back on them (beside it being uncomfortable)

Thanks

Vegas Boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fantastic. Think I will order mine soon then
You buy them on Amazon or someplace else? Think if I do Amazon, I'd order the no hassle warranty too
Yeah I got them from Amazon, quick and easy! I tried attaching a video here so you can see/hear them in action but it didn't go through.

Kuntzee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine just arrived yesterday. I bought the two battery setup. The ecocast receiver is supposed to show up this weekend that I can hook to the headunit. I ordered from Amazon as well.

Vegas Boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was considering the ecocast receiver but after listening to the tower speakers I think that's enough. I don't think I'll miss having the interior speakers on. Let us know if it's easy to set up though, that may change my mind.

Kuntzee

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was considering the ecocast receiver but after listening to the tower speakers I think that's enough. I don't think I'll miss having the interior speakers on. Let us know if it's easy to set up though, that may change my mind.
I got my receiver yesterday, as long as the weather cooperates this weekend I will be getting the shipping cover off the boat and working on mounting the tower speakers and wiring the ecocast receiver. I will post to let everyone know how I make out.

mtudb24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got my receiver yesterday, as long as the weather cooperates this weekend I will be getting the shipping cover off the boat and working on mounting the tower speakers and wiring the ecocast receiver. I will post to let everyone know how I make out.
Sorry for the ignorance, but what does this reciever do for you? Allow you run the interior speakers at the same time as the tower speakers? Does it plug into the back of the Connec unit?

My date is now May 4th to pick mine up from the dealer. Getting antsie!!!!

mtudb24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my speakers today. Played with them in the basement and connected my phone. Still needing to figure out all the audio and phone settings, but man they sound good
Tower speakers 1.jpgTower speakers 2.jpgTower speakers 3.jpg