• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sound from Fusion IP600 and six Infinity 6912M

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@txav8r, this is for you.

I was reviewing some of our Bimini video last night and realized that the crossing video might help you understand how much volume this setup creates. @Rana was filming over the side of the boat so the GoPro was outside the boat when the sound was recorded. We are traveling over 30 MPH. @upperdeck's boat is leading the pack in the video. Two of the speakers are firing toward the swim deck so all you really hear in this video is four of the 6912Ms on a single channel of the IP600. I do not know what the volume was set to but I am certain it was not all the way up.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks for the post @Bruce . I am sure I could get better separation and response from a 6x9 but there is not a place to put these in the 240 other than sidewall of the seats by the floor. The speakers for the 240 are in the corners of the bow and cockpit above the seat bottoms and below the backs. I want to add two speakers in the combing pockets but not wanting to alter the speaker placement drastically. I couldn't remember your brand, thanks for posting that. Sounds good!

@Suchawittygal @DawgDaze , maybe you guys could shoot and post some go pro video of a ride with the JL's and power playing at cruise for comparison!

DawgDaze

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We sure can @txav8r ! Cheryl bought a mount for the go pro that may work out pretty good. We are spoiled with the awesome sound in that boat as soon as I get the green light from the eye doc we will get that video posted for sure!

Suchawittygal

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah @txav8r as soon as I can figure out how to get the video from the camera to the computer and make one of these cool videos everyone on here posts, I'll certainly do that. LOL...Stay tuned!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the ride to Bimini @Bruce. That stereo sounds great.