• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sound Quality

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Upgraded to Kicker 6" speakers throughout the boat plus 10" subwoofer... however, sound quality still not good... what am I missing? Sound systems is the OEM... do I need to replace it? Or add an additional amp and a couple of tower ones? Kicker speakers not good? Please, help.
Thanks,

Nothing wrong with Kicker speakers. I have 8 6.5's and 2 10" subs + 1000w kicker amp. It rocks pretty good. You may need to get a better amp that is suited to your new speakers. call Kicker and they will tell you what amp to get based on your speaker setup. They are super helpful

A good quality Wet Sounds, JL Audio, or Kicker amplifier should obtain the sound quality you desire.

sounds like an amp problem...do the 2016's come with polk audio amps? are they factory locked? or can you adj the gains? what is the factory head unit?

Back