• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SOUNDBAR + TOWER SPEAKERS

Jeastvold95

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, i have an ar190 and recently installed a 4 new incabin speakers (kenwood) and a amplified soundbar on my tower (hiphonics TPS10) and it sounds great, ran RCA cables from the back of the MA200 headunit labeled RCA out to the AUX input. I mainly upgraded that all for when its parked listening to music and such. After taking it out for the first time since the upgrades i think i want to add 2 tower speakers (1 on each side of the soundbar). i have no amps currently so was thinking to just run a 2 channel amp to power the tower speakers, would that suffice? I am probably going to do this set up Pair Hifonics TPS-CX80 8" 300w Marine Wakeboard Tower Speakers+Amplifier+Amp Kit . for the install, would i use RCA splitters so i can still run the rca's to the soundbar and also to the amp? would it be best to get a 6 channel to power all 4 incabin speakers plus the towers? i am relatively new to marine audio... also, would i need a second battery for this set up? any input would be great! thanks!

Jeastvold95

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is what i currently have my tower set up as 316A2101-7795-4D99-BC6E-BA3D40304711.jpeg

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm planning to add tower speakers and will be adding an amp to power all 6 speakers.

The MA200 specs state 40 watts x 4 which I'm sure that's not the RMS watts maybe the peak. At any case, I dont think it would do a good job powering 6 speakers without an amp. What are you Kenwood's rated for?

Last edited:

Jeastvold95

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm planning to add tower speakers and will be adding an amp to power all 6 speakers.

The MA200 specs state 40 watts x 4 which I'm sure that's not the RMS watts maybe the peak. At any case, I dont think it would do a good job powering 6 speakers without an amp. What are you Kenwood's rated for?
kenwoods are https://www.electronicexpress.com/catalog/181275/kenwood-6-1half-inch-marine-coaxial-white-car-speakers-kfc1653 . 50rms and 150 peak. went with them because i had the factory head unit and no amp as of yet. if i add 2 tower speakers ill add at least a 2 channel amp to power it. just dont know if i should get a 6 channel to power all 6...

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You should get an amp to power all the speakers - makes a big difference as the head units are not made for volume and their output ratings are way over-rated.