• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

South Florida boating

JagsFan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My family and I will be taking a trip to Wellington Fl shortly after Christmas, and I figure this would be a great opportunity to get some boating in being we live in Indiana and our season is over.

However, I am new when it comes to boating anywhere but our lakes, but it appears there is a channel or river or something of those sorts that runs all the way down to Miami.

I’m wondering if anyone knows if this is open to the public, or where is the best spots to boat in this area? My kids love being on the tube and swimming off the boat so I have to be in a spot where they can do that. I would love to be able to boat down to Miami while staying out of the ocean.

TIA.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You might enjoy Dubois Park by the Jupiter Inlet. There is boat rental near there also. Just be careful by the inlet. The tides can make it dangerous.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
My family and I will be taking a trip to Wellington Fl shortly after Christmas, and I figure this would be a great opportunity to get some boating in being we live in Indiana and our season is over.

However, I am new when it comes to boating anywhere but our lakes, but it appears there is a channel or river or something of those sorts that runs all the way down to Miami.

I’m wondering if anyone knows if this is open to the public, or where is the best spots to boat in this area? My kids love being on the tube and swimming off the boat so I have to be in a spot where they can do that. I would love to be able to boat down to Miami while staying out of the ocean.

TIA.
Are you referring to the waterway that is between the everglades and civilization, that runs parallel to 869? If so, no you cannot boat this down to miami. There are land bridges with culverts and the depth changes with the level of water in the everglades. You are best to trailer your boat east to the Intracoastal and launch/boat there. Now, if you have an airboat, small fishing/trawling motor, kayaks and don't mind getting up close and personal to some gators, then there are areas of that waterway you can launch on: Loxahatchee Road Boat Ramp

JagsFan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have an Airbnb in North Palm Beach and it looks like there’s waterways just south of there that lead all the way to Miami.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
We have an Airbnb in North Palm Beach and it looks like there’s waterways just south of there that lead all the way to Miami.
That would be the intracoastal then.

JagsFan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So you can easily boat/tube the intercostal?

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
So you can easily boat/tube the intercostal?
Boating yes... it’s south Florida’s boat super highway. Most of it is no wake, but there are some open throttle sections. You don’t want to tube on it just because of traffic, but I see people ski and tube in the larger “lake area,” that don’t have sail anchorages, that are pockets along the ICW.

JagsFan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any chance you could drop a pin on some good areas to do that? My kids are addicted to tubing abs would be devastated if they don’t get enjoy their tube while in a warm climate.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Since you’re staying in palm beach, that big wide area of the ICW there in palm beach is lake worth. That’ll prob be your best place. Winter is shark season here and there can be bull sharks in the ICW ;)