• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Southeast meet-up

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Best weekends for us would be last 2 in July-labor day weekend. As long as we know within next month or so we are good. Not sure if that gives you enough time after bimini.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Found a place we would camp on north end... can look south side of lake george also. What area have you found some houses @robert843

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Found a place we would camp on north end... can look south side of lake george also. What area have you found some houses @robert843
Astor Fl has some marinas and homes and several one the river and canals with docks. I can't remember could you pull off June 19-21st or did you already have something going on?

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843 If I pull that off I want to do weekend in bimini somehow. My wife leaves town for family reunion that Monday for following week then we catch 6am flight to alaska through 4th of July weekend.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843 what section of great loop were yall thinking of doing this summer?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@AlphaKap and @Wisefam22 if you two are interested in Silver Glen Springs I say we try an pull it off for a weekend any specific date ranges work for you guys? It looks like there are plenty of rental options on the canals and river in Astor Florida with access to Lake George and Silver Glenn Springs that are not expensive considering many come with docking. @Andy S I know we talked about doing a great loop section but any interest in a Silver Glenn Springs Weekend. Its about 6.5 hours each way for me but I have always wanted to go so I will stretch to that if any one want to do it.
I would be interested, if the timing worked out, May, July, or August are the best months for me.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Andy S very rough calculations is 260-300miles by boat that trip?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How about y'all make it down to Lanier ffor the Pirate Poker Run? Would be fun to have an armada of pirate yammies

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Andy S very rough calculations is 260-300miles by boat that trip?
I have made the run from Myrtle Beach to Surf City it took about 4 hours. the full Myrtle to Norfolk trip will probably take 2 days one way.

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Astor Fl has some marinas and homes and several one the river and canals with docks. I can't remember could you pull off June 19-21st or did you already have something going on?
We went last October and had a blast, launched in Palatka fl and drove the boat down the St. John’s ( about an hour and a half ride ) stayed at the Castaways on the river. Clean rooms and friendly staff. B563DC15-D145-4BF9-9DEA-300E02B0C5A4.jpeg
this is right outside our room.EF920BAF-A088-49E8-9DFA-A7554875CF85.jpeg

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
You are about a boat vacationing animal !

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
North Carolina and Alabama are quite a distance from each other, so getting 1 meet might be a challenge. Why not 2 meets or more...???? Keowee is about 5 hours from Raleigh and Lanier is about 6.

I'd be interested to see some different lakes, especially a clear lake because my home lake (Jordan) is certainly not that clean. I'll follow and see what happens with dates and plans.

Having just typed that, the dirtier NC lakes might be better at keeping the Coronavirus away....??? ;)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've helped organize a few of these meet-up's but most of the Yamaha Jetboaters have moved out of state or become land lovers. I don't mind hosting it trying to to organize a meet-up on Lake Martiin. Plentry of sites to see both on the water and along the shorelines. I just don't know how much interest there would be and if it would be worth my time to try and organize, hence the reasoning for this thread. If there is interest I'd be more than happy to oblige. With this virus crap though no idea what the future will be in a few months so trying to wait it out and see how it is in a month or two.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How is everyone doing? Any thoughts on places to hold this

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Waiting to see how this virus thing shakes out before proceeding. The whole social distance thing kind of makes meet-ups difficult. They say we should reach our projected death peak on April 20th but who knows. I'm hoping by July 4th this is all over but just don't know. Not even sure what our job situation will be in the summer so just trying to ride it out. Stay safe!

That_Jeep_Dude

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’d be down. Probably moving to Chattanooga in early summer, so I’ll be a local by then.
Hit me up when you move to Chatt! I live in Cleveland, not far from Chattanooga and Parksville Lake.