• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Southeast meet-up

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My travel times:

Dale Hollow 5 hours
Keowee 5 hours
Norris 5:45 hours
Douglas 5 hours
Lanier 3:40 hours
Lewis Smith 1:30 hours
Martin 1:40 hours

Last edited:

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lanier 30min and I'm in wster... that's unloading boat also :).

Further south on lake you go the crazier it gets. Take a ride up north and it's more quiet. Plenty of coves or back side of islands to hang out and not to be crazy.

Keowee been while since I've been there but it's nice lake. Jocassee is the hidden gem in the south IMO. not huge lake and its little better when down a few feet so more beaches.

If we are free we are down. If it's more then hour wife will probably just say let's go camping so... anything besides lanier or hartwell we will make a weekend out of it.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Jocassee is indeed a hidden gem. I would never try to do a meet-up there though. With them only letting a certain number of boats on the lake, you have to get there early or you won't be getting on Jocassee that day!

I am still a big vote for Keowee and will help put it all together if folks are willing. Otherwise, we're down for Lanier, Hartwell, Norman, Murray, etc.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Bottom line with gatherings is if you plan one, people will come! But someone has to take the lead!

I've planned and hosted gatherings at Shelbyville, Falls Lake NC, Lake Gaston NC, Bimini and Lake Murray SC.

We'll probably have another gathering at Falls Lake this year.....as its easy for me to do (my boat lives there!).

Intercoastal gathering would be cool too!!!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Jocassee is indeed a hidden gem. I would never try to do a meet-up there though. With them only letting a certain number of boats on the lake, you have to get there early or you won't be getting on Jocassee that day!

I am still a big vote for Keowee and will help put it all together if folks are willing. Otherwise, we're down for Lanier, Hartwell, Norman, Murray, etc.
Is it 150 boats? Plus people camping who have boats or total?

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is it 150 boats? Plus people camping who have boats or total?
I don't know the exact number and I am not sure what all they include. We have been turned away plenty of times over the years. Now, if we want to go to Jocassee, we plan on camping so we can get to the ramp early!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bottom line with gatherings is if you plan one, people will come! But someone has to take the lead!

I've planned and hosted gatherings at Shelbyville, Falls Lake NC, Lake Gaston NC, Bimini and Lake Murray SC.

We'll probably have another gathering at Falls Lake this year.....as its easy for me to do (my boat lives there!).

Intercoastal gathering would be cool too!!!
I'm trying to add hilton head to my summer... love that section of water between HHI and charleston. Going camping at hunting island in april so will get a small fix, if weather is nice gonna try and run offshore to reef and fish some.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm trying to add hilton head to my summer... love that section of water between HHI and charleston. Going camping at hunting island in april so will get a small fix, if weather is nice gonna try and run offshore to reef and fish some.
We TRIED to do the run between Charleston and HHI last year but got rained out. We had already booked a house on the water down there so we made the best out of it and trailered to HHI instead. Ended up having some decent weather to explore while there. Salvaged a little bit of the trip! We are hoping to actually make the run on the boats this year!

1583187030464.png

1583187084577.png

1583187109107.png

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Jameson Clark i might have sent the kids on with wife and made the run solo in rain lol

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lanier is 6 plus for me... keowee is 5 so those would have to be a weekend trip.
How far is Murray? There are some camp grounds and other hotel options/Airbnb's on water I believe.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lanier is 6 plus for me... keowee is 5 so those would have to be a weekend trip.
But both lanier and keowee are pretty fun and nice lakes

Mike190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lanier and Martin are probably about 2 hours from me. I live like 5 min off west point lake.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What about something like Silver Glen Springs? I would probably participate in a weekend event if its with in 4-5 hours of me. Not really interested in Falls Lake again but something different would be cool so most of the other options I saw mentioned would be fun. I would prefer an area where lake house rentals are available.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What about something like Silver Glen Springs? I would probably participate in a weekend event if its with in 4-5 hours of me. Not really interested in Falls Lake again but something different would be cool so most of the other options I saw mentioned would be fun. I would prefer an area where lake house rentals are available.
Silver glen springs in florida? We are in.. as long as we are in town.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I'm down for a gathering. We are taking off work for the first 3.5 weeks of July.

We love Smith Lake. So much so, that we're looking at a lake house there. (The wife wants to live there, but I want the rental income)

The distances for us:
Smith - 40 min
Lanier - 4 hrs
Martin - 1.75 hrs

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Lanier isnt really a party lake anymore. Cocktail cove was pretty crazy buy died down when they built up Lake Lanier Island. It's big enough to find calm areas especially on the north half.

I'm into seeing some other lakes. Would like to see something in Alabama. Or someplace we can do a weekend rental with a dock.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I want to go there. Looking for a reason. Water is so clear.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@AlphaKap and @Wisefam22 if you two are interested in Silver Glen Springs I say we try an pull it off for a weekend any specific date ranges work for you guys? It looks like there are plenty of rental options on the canals and river in Astor Florida with access to Lake George and Silver Glenn Springs that are not expensive considering many come with docking. @Andy S I know we talked about doing a great loop section but any interest in a Silver Glenn Springs Weekend. Its about 6.5 hours each way for me but I have always wanted to go so I will stretch to that if any one want to do it.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the dates of Friday June 19th departing Sunday June 21st