• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Southport, NC to Myrtle Beach

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@JeffVans did you make the run today how did it go?
@JeffVans curious myself how it went.
I made it down here but unfortunately not via boat. :mad: A tree decided to fall on my road this morning so I had to clean that up, then there was a mix up with boarding the dog so that took an extra hour and a half to get her somewhere else... FML I’m going to try the run back up on the way home I think. The silver lining behind the enormous rain cloud is that if I had been in the bot I would have gotten SOAKED!!! We ran into a few bad storms between Southport and MB.

cameron.sprinkle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I made it down here but unfortunately not via boat. :mad: A tree decided to fall on my road this morning so I had to clean that up, then there was a mix up with boarding the dog so that took an extra hour and a half to get her somewhere else... FML I’m going to try the run back up on the way home I think. The silver lining behind the enormous rain cloud is that if I had been in the bot I would have gotten SOAKED!!! We ran into a few bad storms between Southport and MB.
If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at allo_O!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@JeffVans where were you at with beach pic?
That was at Bird Island, I think. My GPS is a little off apparently but it should have been it. Really good for beaching really soft sand. But being that close to the inlet, it did push the boat around quite a bit, but the anchor held on the beach the whole time.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was at Bird Island, I think. My GPS is a little off apparently but it should have been it. Really good for beaching really soft sand. But being that close to the inlet, it did push the boat around quite a bit, but the anchor held on the beach the whole time.
If your gps appears off on the coordinates I gave you it is probably set on degrees, minutes and seconds for coordinates. The coordinates I gave you were in decimal degree format it can be changed in the settings of your gps or you can throw the coordinators I gave you into google and ask it to convert them to degrees minutes seconds and it will do so

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If your gps appears off on the coordinates I gave you it is probably set on degrees, minutes and seconds for coordinates. The coordinates I gave you were in decimal degree format it can be changed in the settings of your gps or you can throw the coordinators I gave you into google and ask it to convert them to degrees minutes seconds and it will do so
No they were fine, it’s just slightly off or I was zoomed out a bit too far one or the other. It was still good enough to get me there. lol

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Was that round trip? It’s def not 72 miles one way but it is a run.
Yeah that was round tripfrom the launch to Osprey and up to Bird Island and back to Osprey. With a small detour of taking the wrong way to Bird Island, I probably could have made it either way but wanted to stay in the official intracoastal.

cameron.sprinkle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah that was round tripfrom the launch to Osprey and up to Bird Island and back to Osprey. With a small detour of taking the wrong way to Bird Island, I probably could have made it either way but wanted to stay in the official intracoastal.
Nice. I am looking to go south one day and north the next from North Myrtle Beach. Anyone know of a place to get non ethanol gas on land and not at the marina?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I had planned to run from Myrtle Beach all the way to Surf City NC yesterday but the weather didn’t cooperate I think @JeffVans did in the afternoon. I went south to the old abandon coast guard station light house and Georgetown instead.

1452A722-C943-48F1-8614-A623F84CE607.jpeg 5FD67645-3F47-4F1F-990E-1BC9CFB89929.jpeg

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
E5C37244-C46A-413C-9537-5B1FA3C61470.jpeg F8F2E3C7-CB29-4D42-81A0-70384668D715.jpeg Yeah, I got rained on a tiny bit at the marina, then it was perfect weather up to Southport! Only ran into a couple idiots trying to kill me and one dude on a jet ski with 2 young kids flip his ski and get stuck upside down. lol he had a friend to help him flip it back over. Only other issue was someone yelling at me for going too fast in a fake no wake zone. Hahaha unfortunately I didn’t get any pics on the way up.

cameron.sprinkle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

cameron.sprinkle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
View attachment 80617 View attachment 80618 Yeah, I got rained on a tiny bit at the marina, then it was perfect weather up to Southport! Only ran into a couple idiots trying to kill me and one dude on a jet ski with 2 young kids flip his ski and get stuck upside down. lol he had a friend to help him flip it back over. Only other issue was someone yelling at me for going too fast in a fake no wake zone. Hahaha unfortunately I didn’t get any pics on the way up.
Where is osprey?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How long did the Georgetown run take you? Gonna do that run next week.
Just depends we’re your launching from if your coming from north Myrtle beach it’s probably almost 2 hours each way from Osprey Marina it’s probably only 45 min to an hour.

cameron.sprinkle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just depends we’re your launching from if your coming from north Myrtle beach it’s probably almost 2 hours each way from Osprey Marina it’s probably only 45 min to an hour.
It will be north Myrtle. Just trying to time the Georgetown run. Got a buddy coming up for a day and he has a 2hr drive home and to work the next day. Didn’t want to keep him to late from getting back.