• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Southwest Florida Mechanic needed for 2005 SX230

darrickhatch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We survived the hurricane only to have the starboard motor starter clutch gum up… starter spins and makes the whirring noise but doesn’t engage the clutch to engage the flywheel.

If anyone knows of a mechanic willing to work on it, I’d be grateful.

took it out scuba diving last weekend to Sombrero key and the trip was 15 minutes to get out there with both engines… starboard would start and clamped it off, took 1.5 hours to get back with only one, lol.

Last edited:
I have a great mechanic out here in Central Florida. Don’t know if you want to travel but they are awesome myself and a lot of my friends had their boats worked on before and no issues. They’re very knowledgeable and Jet Boat and Jet Ski‘s. The company name is called barefoot, water craft out in Winter Park Florida. Do you like to give them a call on Monday and let them know that Junior recommended you. I just picked up my boat a couple of days ago to get some things done to it and serviced it up. I think they’ll be very helpful for you. The owners name is George and his mechanic that works on my boat. His name is Ricky. Give them a shout see what happens. Good luck.

Awesome!

Thank you for the reply! I may have found someone here in Naples but won’t know till this next week so I’ll check in shortly.

I really appreciate the response!

Have a great weekend!

Back