• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2005 Yamaha SX230 Project

So I am back at it. Moved this past summer to NC so sort of busy with new jobs and moving. I got an extra engine along the way and am getting ready to dive in. Both engines run but had a few issues. Oiling on one and water in the two center cylinders on the other. Pulling both engines in the next few weeks and going through them. I did get the manifold welded so should have all three going. Have two sbt rebuilds which I plan to run and one untouched. That one will stay on the rack or go in a ski once I get things sorted. Just got the shop back together here so should have updates soon. I now have a ramp 2 miles from the house so i have a reason to crack on.

OK so I am now in eastern NC and yes I posted the boat for sale in the fall but no interest. SOOOOO Time to get to work on it again. I brought the spare engine in and it is on the bench. Will be going through it and ordering parts soon. I have been starting the engines in the boat periodically but a couple months ago the port engine stopped getting any response from the ignition. Starboard was fine. Today I had some light after work and switched the connectors on the back of the ignitions. Same issue so it is not the ignition. I am thinking ECU and the extra engine didn't with an ECU.

To recap the port engine is original and the starboard is an SBT rebuild. Extra engine is SBT rebuild too. Port engine had water in middle cylinders when last on the water so suspect exhaust seal. Ran it after, out of the water, so it didn't sit. Starboard engine (SBT) had a low oil pressure alarm. Planning on pulling both as soon as I get a warmer weekend and going over them.

I now have access to not only a 30,000 lbs lift with a boom but a new neighbor who builds engine and used to race for Nissan. He is retired so has time to help and told me as much. Goal is to have both the SBT rebuilds in it after all said and done. Do not plan on tearing down the engine just pulling the oil pump.

1052cc MR-1 with NO fancy intake and exhaust 110 HP, 998cc MR-1 WITH fancy intake and exhaust 140 HP, 1052cc MR-1 WITH fancy intake and exhaust 160 HP... FWIW

if it were me I'd prolly stick to the service manual procedures and reuse guide for the few $ more it takes to do it that way... is is the right way? the engineers that designed the motor seem to think so

well check the oil pump carefully there is a service spec for it... I wasnt gonna chance the two new SBT engines i bought so I bought two new oil pumps from yamaha and installed mechanical oil pressure gauges in the port side dash... dont forget pull the two bolts that hold the strainer screen in the block and clean it..

Back