• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spare Tire Mount

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I'd be grateful to see any photos of where anyone has mounted a spare tire on the FSH ShoreLander trailer. Mine is painted steel for what it's worth. I don't know how much build difference there is between the steel and aluminum trailers but I'm really struggling to find a place that gives me enough clearance between either the boat or the ground. I started out with a model by Smith that had a 5" rise and mounted it very near the front. It didn't work well as the tire still had to jamb against the bow flare. I took it back.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd be grateful to see any photos of where anyone has mounted a spare tire on the FSH ShoreLander trailer. Mine is painted steel for what it's worth. I don't know how much build difference there is between the steel and aluminum trailers but I'm really struggling to find a place that gives me enough clearance between either the boat or the ground. I started out with a model by Smith that had a 5" rise and mounted it very near the front. It didn't work well as the tire still had to jamb against the bow flare. I took it back.
Any pics of your set up? I've seen a few mounts that rise up and angle outward. Do you think that would work?

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Like this one. image.jpeg

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
@itsdgm ... that's what I think I'll need! Thanks!
I've not seen that one in my searches. I'll dig deeper. Or, I'll spend some time in the machine shop this week.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Well now that I threw the word "Angled" in to the mix...everybody and their brother makes one. Thanks Group!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well now that I threw the word "Angled" in to the mix...everybody and their brother makes one. Thanks Group!
A few years ago I was looking for one of those angled ones too. I never found one. I ended up mounting mine like this. I just welded it up myself similar to these.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Those are nice. I like doing that kind of fabrication. But I've been balancing my spare on the floor jack and lifting it into just about every conceivable location under the FSH and am not finding anything very suitable without a lot of work and still ending up with questionable ground clearance. There's a decent "made in USA" angled one on e-trailers that looks nice and stout. I'll probably just drop the $100 and bring it in. By the time I measure, cut, bend, weld, paint and so on, I'll have a premade one mounted.