• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speaker wiring on my '16 242 LSE?

bonehunts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I spent last weekend replacing my stock Polk speakers with some Revo 6's and adding the new HTX6 amp and Revo 10. I was caught a little off guard finding out that some of the speakers were wired together. I was expecting to use all but one channel for the sub and 6 existing speakers (less tweeters) but found out there were a couple that appear to be wired together.

1. How do I figure out what's chained together and where they're connected?
2. Anyone disagree that unhooking the tweeters on the tower is a good option too? If I'm going to disconnect, where's the easiest place to find the wire for them?
3. I'm going to add cabin Revo 6's by the captain's chair and passenger seat for more sound and run to a dedicated channel on the amp.
4. I'm adding RGB wiring in a loop to connect the speakers and running to a controller that appears to be IDENTICAL to the Wet Sounds controller, less the logo and cost. RGB Controller with remote on Amazon for $28. I was told by Creative Audio to just run a loop and add an inline fuse and it'll work fine. Any tricks on which speaker to start the wiring from so that I have the easiest access all the way around?