• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Special thanks and shout out....

Hana

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wanted to let everyone here on the forums and in the boating community what a great company Attwood is.

Memorial weekend we were at the lake with friends and family when we decided to do a little night boating. We loaded up in the boat turned the lights on and got ready to head out. I was about to raise the stern light that is on top of the Bimini when my cousin said that he would do it. Before I could tell him how to do it he tried to force it up and broke the base. When we got back home I contacted both the marina where I purchased the boat (Park Marine ) and Yamaha. It was to no avail, the marina told me that the light had to be purchased as an assembly but since my boat is a 2016 the part is on back order until late August. Yamaha was no help either they kept referring me back the the dealer.

While trying to find a way to repair the stern light base I noticed that the light was made by Attwood and proceeded to give them a call. I spoke to David Stevens and explained to him what had happened and what I was going through the with the dealer and Yamaha. He told me that he knew what I needed but to email him a picture just to confirm. Within 20 min he emailed me back and said that he would ship the part out that day for free. A few days later I recieved the part and it was exactly what I needed without having to buy the whole assembly. So please support this company if there is a product that you need that they happen to make.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's great some companies still believe in customer service rather than passing the buck.

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Hana Thats awesome to hear! Glad everything worked out for you. Im sure your cousin felt bad esp this happening on your brand new boat. Im sure next time he isn't touching anything. :p

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have had the same experience with Attwood. Very costumer friendly and very responsive. They will be the first place I look when I need something!

Jonathan Sexton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Do you have the part number from Atwood? I have broken my base a second time (high water, low bridge) and I don't need the whole thing, just the base.

Richard Roy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
This is the norm for them. I have one of their portable pumps. Motor burned out and I couldn't locate on the web or their site to buy. I contacted them to buy the motor and they wouldn't let me-they shipped it to me for free! Great great customer service.

Billy Dickman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Do you have the part number from Atwood? I have broken my base a second time (high water, low bridge) and I don't need the whole thing, just the base.
My experience was with a garage / barn door. I ripped the wire connection to the light from the light. Where is the end of the wires going to the light.

Brian B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
do you have contact information for at attwood? just bought a used 2016 242x and trying to move the nav light to tuck tightly in our storage I broke it

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don't have a specific contact. I just got on their website and contacted customer service. They were a great help.

Brian B

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Screenshot_20200320-220914_Chrome.jpg
I think this is the same one. even have the option to tile forward. when it tilts to the port the boat doesnt fit under our awning.