• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Speedometer stopped working new boat

Chief fan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Ar250 speedometer stopped working? Only 8 hours on boat

Probably something with the gps. Do you have navigation and does that work?

I had the same issue on a 22, 212. It turned out to be the GPS puck.... They are super FRAGILE! It was covered under warranty but it took 8-10 days to get the replacement part in.

Are you getting the reading of (- -)? I have been to multiple shops, and no one seems to know what the issue is. If this is it, we may finally have our speed back after 2 years of constant contact with the shops....

Yes when GPS module died we got - - displayed on dash. Have you checked your Navigation? I am guessing it won’t work either.

Strange the speedometer starting working the following day?? Not sure whats going on?

Strange the speedometer starting working the following day?? Not sure whats going on?
Its the GPS puck crapping out, mine was intermittent until it pulls an Amber Heard and totally shits the bed

Thanks everyone! I will call up there tomorrow, and get a replacement on the way.

SENO - We had the exact same issue with the intermittent. We had it for the first 2 hours of running, then it flickered for a few, and was totally gone before going in for the 10 hr service.

Its the GPS puck crapping out, mine was intermittent until it pulls an Amber Heard and totally shits the bed
Where is the GPS puck located?

For my 242x, it is in front of the driver side window. Looks kind of like this, but without the lowrance on the side ;-)

1656342508236.png

curious if you were to cover that with a hat or shirt would it cause it to malfunction ?

curious if you were to cover that with a hat or shirt would it cause it to malfunction ?
Yes it will function if covered with bay or shirt.

Back