• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Speedometer

Terrance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Hello Glastron jet boat owners. I have a 2015 Glastron Gt187 and the first run was today. Everything is good after a winter sitting. However I did notice the speedometer was not working. The digital speedometer was working in the other side of the instrument cluster. Any tips or instructions would be appreciated.
Thanks

genwrx

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Try turning the main switch off, and or disconnect battery, if it's GPS, it may need a good power cycle, other than that check the wiring behind cluster, make sure it is not loose.

Terrance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Hi Genwrx. Thanks for the reply. The main connecting clip is plugged in well and the fuel gage and volt meter are working correctly. It’s just the speedo needle not moving for some reason. I will take the GT187 out for a longer run tomorrow and see if the speedo “wakes up”. Happy Boating.

Kyle Mekulik

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
You need to unplug the gps module under the dash and then plug it back in and it’ll work I’ll try to upload a phone of wha,t it looks like

Jeff85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Late to reply, but I have to unplug that sometimes when I haul my boat to different lakes . Works though .

NavyShooter

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Well, this is amusing. I have exactly the same problem with my GT187 this evening....it's also my first night with the boat in the water this season.

I'll go digging under the dash tomorrow. Sun's down and the 'skeeters are insane out there tonight.

Thanks guys!

NavyShooter

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
And mine is working this evening....I"m guessing the GPS hadn't had time to update its almanac in the short time that the boat yesterday, and by the time today rolled around, it had done so.

NavyShooter

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Terrence - question for you - what kind of top speed are you seeing out of your GT187?

Mine seems to top out at about 7550 rpm, and 32 MPH.

Is that what yours hits?

Brad

Jeff85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Hi Brad.
Im about the same. Pending the number of passengers. 35 is tops.
I have the supercharged engine and see low 40's. 45 was about the fastest with an empty boat. How many hours do you have? Almost sounds like the ECU is in it's break it period still.

Noel Cain

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I have the 250hp and am running 42mph with three people on board, 45mph so far with just me on board. Im only 10hrs on the boat, so not sure if shes gonna open up any more than this.