• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Speedster 200 -04 4-Tec engine issue

Mak1

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Hi
Just love my Speedster 200 with twin 155hp engines. However, I have a concern which I can not pinpoint. Maybe someone here can help me out.

At harbour, both engines fires right up and runs well (regardless if hot or cold). When I take it out to the ocean and gives some throttle (more than 50%) the right engine sooner or later starts to run rough, as if one cylinder shuts off. If I let go of the throttle and get back to 50%throttle it will still be in this loop of running bad. But if I pull the lanyard and kill the main switch, and switch it back again and restarts, the engine runs perfect until next time I give som throttle.
I had this issue last year and then I also got an engine "red alert". Last winter I pulled the fuel pumps, changed filter and put in fresh gas. The problem still occours but no "red alert".
I have therefore done the following (with no progress):
- switched fuel lines
- switched spark coils
- put in new spark plugs
- Removed the hose for air inlet

With "switched" I mean switched parts between right and left motor to see if the problem follows the part of stays with the right motor. Still no progress.
I consider to do the following later on today:
- switch airbox
- switch fuse block
- switch damper housing or maybe just the air flow meter

Things I consider:
- switch crankshaft sensor
- switch oil pressure sensors
- switch air temp sensors

Anyone had similar problem or have inputs where to continue?

This may not be your issue, but just in case.....

Thanks for the input. I checked the link you send but have done most of whats in it without progress. I also found four ground cables attached to the engine which I removed, cleaned and put some anti corrosive grease on. Still no progress. Then I switched the fuse boxes left/right engine, no progress. switched ECU´s left/right, still no progress. I will switch the airboxes in the upcoming week. Tonight I managed to catch the sound on a videoclip (youtu.be) going at 4000-5000rpm for a longer period when the "issue" came back.
I use Candoo pro, it doesnt throw any error codes.

Last edited:
Back