• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spend my $3k

nydave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok looking to upgrade my 2015 242 Limited S sound system. I have $3k to spend for all HW and cables. Boat is all stock today. I have experience with installs so i will be doing all the work myself.

Looking for advise on equipment. Want to replace the stock 6 speakers and possibly add another pair mid boat by captain and co pilot seat.

Not necessarily looking to add a sub but i am not apposed to it. Also not looking for RGB speakers but again not apposed to it.

Ok go ahead and spend my money.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Are you ok with refurbished speakers. There is some good deals to be had on Wet sounds speakers. I can send links. Nvx amps are a great bang for the buck. You will want a sub or you will feel like you are missing something.

nydave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
prefer not refurb unless refurb from factory then i guess it is fine

nydave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
ok. where can i find them?

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Or I might have 6 WS out of my '18 242x. nothing wrong with them. I just can't leave well enough alone. Only 20 hrs on the boat. So ...

nydave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
what you looking for them shipped to 10950

nydave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Get in touch with Odin at @Earmark Marine for your budget you should be in great shape for an upgrade. I spent about $2500 or so to completely replace my ‘07 SX230 and went all JL Audio, 8 channels (includes sub) amp, head unit, remote and all
Thanks ill give him a shout. he is not in this week so i will have to wait until next week.

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
creative audio has good prices on wetsounds refurbs.. i bought an htx1, htx4 and 4 wetsounds 6.5" w/led.

nydave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
wetsounds Revo 6, Recon 6, or JL Audio MX? thoughts?