• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Splash/Wind Guard

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm not sure if this has been talked about before so I thought I'd ask. Do any of you guys use your boats in cooler weather and have a need for something like this? I want to see what the interest is and maybe do a group buy to get a better price. The wings flare out from the aft pole of the t-top, so there are 5 panels

\ /
|_|

Or if someone on here has already had one made, please share.IMG_1303.JPG

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I should have mentioned that I have seen the JBP winter windscreen but it does not have the wings that protect the passengers in the jump seat. Although it looks extremely well made, it's pretty pricey.

jetfisher

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Had my eye on the JBP piece, but the wings would make it so much better. I fish lake erie from early may to december so protection would be nice from mostly the cold wind but spray at time also...

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'll reach out and see what kind of a price we could get with a purchase of 10 units, hopefully more people will respond.

As for the 210, I would think the t-top and console are the same. Can anyone verify that?

Tailwaters

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My last cc had a bow cover that went over the entire front of the boat and snapped to the center console. Never used it but was a nice feature. You could also have a couple canvas pieces made up that could snap into the walkway to limit the cold air. This of course does not address and helm protection. We used to have a bow Rider and I had the canvas shop make me a piece that we could snap in the access walkway to the bow to cut down on the cold air. Worked very well plus was made of canvas so I could fold it up and put in the glove box. I don't have the t top otherwise it would be a consideration.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just dropped off a package to one of my local shops and am waiting on a proposal. I'll let everyone know what they come back with.

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Cool I might be in on a 190

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I asked them to give me pricing on a quantity of 5, 10 and 15. Maybe we can get the price down if enough people are interested.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The 210 t-top has a different part number than the 190. I suspect it's wider.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm having a hell of a time finding anyone who will even bid this for me. When I start talking about other people wanting the same thing, they get all crazy talking about no two boats are the same.....blah, blah, blah. I met and talked with a guy this weekend at the boat show that will get back to me after the show is over next week. By the time I get this done, we wont need the protection from the wind. Although, I could use it in the summer up here, it's get pretty chilly on the open ocean even during the summer.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If all else fails ...

You could probably cut a piece of plexiglass for the wings and attach it using some sort of hinge to the center console with a latch of some sort on the gunnel. The hinges would allow it to fold in. Probably not the most pretty solution out there, but cost effective and functional.

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If I don't get it done before boating season starts, I'll get my wife to make it. She does custom upholstery for many clients in the area but I'm having a hard time convincing her to get out in the rain and snow to take the measurements and make a template.....go figure

Rich NW Jboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I finally got a quote back from a guy that was willing to make it and about choked on it. If I only wanted one, it was $4,300 and if I ordered 10 it was $3,800 a pop.

I checked out the link and that is exactly what I had in mind, any idea how much they cost?

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No, I haven't contacted them. I'm not ready to purchase, just planning ahead.