• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sport jet 120xr water in cylinder

Hyperduck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Hello everyone, I’m new to this form and the jet boat lifestyle 😂 i have recently bought a 1999 sugar sand mirage with the 120xr motor ( not running) I replaced the head gasket, exhaust manifold gasket, reeds and seals for the fuel pump. Then the boat ran great took it out 2 times and heard beeps when at full throttle skipping over waves once I slowed down the beeps stop I’m guessing it’s over heating?other than that it was perfect. Then this weekend I put it in the water and it would only crank. i hooked it up to the hose when i got home and it wouldn’t start just crank and it was leaking fuel out of the front of the carb. I was able to get it started by feathering the gas but it kept wanting to die. I pulled the spark plug and yeh bottom cylinder is full of water. At this point I’m lost any help is appreciated. Also it doesn’t want to turn over when hose is on full pressure? This is my first boat so go easy on me lol