• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sportjet 120 Flush

Mike Watson

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Other
Hello I'm new to this forum and to jet boats. I just purchased a 1996 Sea Rayder F16 and in researching how to flush this unit I am getting conflicting info. Some say NEVER start this motor out of the water or I'll blow off the ride plate and other info I get is ALWAYS flush after salt water use. The boat came with a flush kit that is a small hose attached to the rear top of the engine. I'm reading that the flush should be connected down lower by disconnecting the pump hose and connecting a water hose. I'm also reading that very minimal water pressure should be used to avoid flooding the engine internally. Flushing engines used to be so easy. Can anyone help shed some light on this for me.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had a Baja Blast with a SportJet 90 and I would disconnect the cooling hose at the plate at the base of the engine and made a adapter to go from the flare fitting on the hose to the garden hose. From what I remember the rule of thumb on water pressure was to hold the garden hose vertical and adjust the water so it flowed approximately 1" above the hose end. There was something said about blowing the ride plate off but I think that was only if the engine back fired while out of the water. Hope this helps.

Mike Watson

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
Other
It does and thank you. I'm now wondering if the flush kit installed at the top of the motor is used to eliminate gas vapor in the exhaust to prevent backfire and does nothing for cooling and I'm also wondering if both flush locations are best used together to give me cooling and backfire prevention. I looked for that cooling hose on my boat and it's nowhere easy to get to. I might try to MacGyver something that brings that cooling connection up to where I can get to it easier. Anyone ever done this?