• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sportstuff Sumo or Gyro Tubes

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone try either of these? Any good? Thinking of getting one for my kids (12 and almost 10).

The Gyro allows barrel rolling which would be cool but looks pretty enclosed other than the back. Not sure how they would signal to stop.

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks

Sportsstuff Sumo Tube N Splash Guard Combo

Sportsstuff Gyro

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I must be getting old because I think about safety/what if all the time,
The sumo tube just doesn't look safe or would be fun long term, that was flat water, get a couple of waves or faces full of water and the fun may wear out fast,
The gyro may be fun but for how long can you barrel roll and just lay in the tube,

I've been thinking about maybe poporazi so multiple people can be on it, lay down, stand up, try to roll it, although you can't really throw them off if they're laying down which we view as a negative,

Last edited:

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a Sumo tube that is fun, but for a little older kids or adults. My son tried it a few years ago and was a little small and didn't have enough weight in the back to keep his head from going under. It's also quite the ab workout fro being dragged practically across the water.

The most fun we have with it is wearing it Wakeboarding, surfing, tubing etc when we're horsing around.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
scroll to 1.37 for sumo. this was 5 years ago on my ls with a heavy kid probably 275 back then (now plays O line for clemson at 320). this shows you the power of the LS2000 hole shot!

we got it for 99 bucks so it was worth a try, but dont use it too much. kids dont like it. have to wear goggles for sure because spray is unbearable and unless you are very strong, you will not last for a long ride....but at 99 bucks? what the heck...

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks fellas. After reading some reviews on Amazon and hearing what you guys are saying I am sure both tubes would be fun but I think better enjoyed by kids who weigh more or adults. Not sure that my kids would be heavy enough to make it enjoyable and safe. Maybe I will hold off for a bit.

Thanks for the input. It was much appreciated. And saved me $100:winkingthumbsup"

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
at the minimum get a disk, it's easy and fun,

plus a kneeboard it's a great way to get them started with the feeling of holding onto the rope and having the boat pull them,

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got all those @Scottintexas We were just looking for some more variety. What we have is not enough...o_O. The kids saw it and were like whoa so I though I would ask around. I also might be getting a Big Mable or Great Big Mable for the older people that don't want to strain their necks on the disk. That is the only complaint I get from the disk. Thanks for the feedback.