• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spring Cleaning / Maint

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well the weather was great today, but man it was one of those days.

Where is the flush fitting!? It's not in the winterizing kit where it should be. 1 hour later I find it attached to a hose quick connect in the hose fitting drawer. Of course! :banghead:

Okay onto the oil... lost one of the adapters for the Mityvac evacuation pump and had a slight leak with the improvised adapter which made it take 2x as long as normal to evacuate the oil. Then, I tried my new "universal oil filter wrench" http://www.harborfreight.com/universal-3-jaw-adjustable-oil-filter-wrench-69021.html from Harbor Freight, let me save you some time. It's the biggest piece of shit on the planet. Not even out of the plastic bubble packaging and the "pop rivet" failed for one of the jaws. So I had to get creative to get the two oil filters off.

So now that about 4 hours have elapsed just to change the damn oil... I decide I'm not going to be able to start on any sound proofing of any significance so I installed the rubber pipe insulation seal around the engine hatch. I was only able to run one engine at idle as a comparison of before and after, but is sounded like $18 well spent.

It turned out to be a blessing in disguise because my shipment of Acoustiblock didn't have any tape in it, that would have just pissed me off more had I started on that project today! :)

Small wins! Hopefully I can get the rest of the boat cleaned up and get out on the water this week, weather permitting!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sounds like one of those days, sorry to hear it. FYI in case you didn't already know, you can get the foil tape at Home Depot in the h v ac section

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Dang...don't you hate those gremlins? I do! I use a plain strap wrench (used to use this wrench on the oil filters on my honda cars) with a piece of folded sandpaper lining the strap when I can't get an overtightened filter to budge. Glad you had some satisfaction!

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use the K&N 303C filters. They have a nut on the end that makes life easier. I'm all for that. Oh, and the "C" stands for chrome. They come in black or chrome.

Of course, everyone knows that the chrome ones make the boat go faster. So I buy those. :cool: